Series by continents

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Windywalk
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Series by continents

Postby Windywalk » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:08 am

The seven trees were mentioned.
First two are already confirmed by location.

I: Asia (East)
II: Europe (North)
III: Oceania (South)
IV: South America (West)
*First maze is jungle.
*Third land is homage by Andes Mountains.
V: North America (West)
*Second stratum is homage by Grand Canyon.
*Third stratum is cemetery.

VI and VII will set on Africa and Antarctica respectively.
VI will have Desert and Train.

Nintendo Switch doesn't have dual screen?
How continue the franchise...

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: Series by continents

Postby Dangerus » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Could you tell me how you were able to configure the continents for the other three? I noticed other people said that IV was based on Australia and that III was based on Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Also, I am pretty sure every continent has a cemetery.

I guess if you are referring to Mexico's Day of the Dead?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:03 pm

The things I marked in spoilers are fourth stratum descriptions, if anyone still gives a shit.

EOI I agree would be East Asia becuase of the obvious Angkor Wat ruins vibe and the , and EOII feels European until you get to the fourth stratum with the , but EOIII feels more Mediterranean to me based on the town's architecture and first stratum ruins. I'm also pretty sure EOIV's second stratum is based heavily off of Zhangjiajie National Park in China, which has pretty unique stone pillars as far as I know, but I can see the town's architecture and the in the fourth land being anywhere based on how world-wide that kind of look is found.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am

Crap, that is much better than my own theories. Thanks a bunch Zamisk!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm not sure either, just what I've pieced together.

-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Ah...

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:58 am

It's hard to say for IV, the Lands resemble various places on Earth, but I agree that EO1 - assuming that's the actual place - must be in . As I recall, in-game text says High Lagaard is a long journey towards the north from Etria, but travel is possible, so I'd peg it in central-western .

But, it's in-game text. It was designed to attract interest with a simple summary, not be geographically precise. I feel like the distance from Etria to High Lagaard can't be any further than from Spain to Poland, especially since the character classes are almost identical. That means they share professional practices, how people should dress, and important places they know. These things can't be kept in common between people who travel - by wagon - distances like from Germany to China.

As for EO3, I think it's best to consider it apocolyptically altered from any landmasses we have currently. I've read rumors claiming it's a different planet entirely.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 am

EOIV hinted at the idea Tharsis could be thanks to . I haven't heard the same for EOIII though.

I think EOIV and EOIII could be in the same if not similar universes though because of their influences from Arabian culture. Hell, 's name in Japanese is their translation for a fire-based Djinn, or what we commonly call genies. However, all the Etrian Odysseys have a focus in Norse/Celtic mythology (EOIII slightly has a focus in Roman aesthetics however), so I can see why Zamisk thinks EOIII is set in a post-Apocalyptic Mediterranean Sea.

But if EOIII is set in a similar world to EOIV, that would mean two Yggdrassils were made to stop from destroying said world with one of them made by .

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 am

Can you elaborate on the thing?

-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 am

Nesmontou
Ragelope

Postby Nesmontou » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:00 am

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”