New EO game in development

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Gam_masters
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New EO game in development

Postby Gam_masters » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 am

Well I hear it's confirmed to not be EOU3, tbh, it's probably something like Persona Q was. Because it's not an Untold, and it won't be 6 right? I mean, I guess it could be 6. IV wasn't that much different from V other than added character customization.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New EO game announced!

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:47 am

And it has been officially announced: Seikaijuu No Meikyuu X (pronounced 'cross')

It looks like it's going to be a crossover between all the main series EOs. The new class is called Hero. Sounds like another Highlander?
Last edited by Kimiko on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:49 pm

They mentioned a last hurrah for the 3DS a while back.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Yes, the video also states that it's the "3DS's last EO game". Notably, it doesn't call it the "last EO game".
Kimiko

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:04 pm

And I still have to buy EOV. >.<
BTW, it really caught my interest, cannot wait for the next infos about the game.

I wonder if it'll return to the subclass or grimoire system, or will stay "simple" like I, II and V.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 pm

It's going to be subclassing. You can see it in the image about ⅔ down the page on the official site:

"Imperial, subclass Hero"

You can also briefly see a bit in the video where a subclass of Mystic (Arcanist) is selected.

Too bad they didn't use either the grimoire or plain systems. With subclassing things become a little bland I feel.
Kimiko

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:31 pm

I didn't notice!
Thanks for pointing it out.

This gonna be fun. 8)

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:38 pm

I loved subclassing. Even if the pairing ended up 'not optimal' you could still have fun just mixing and matching the classes with a bit a personal flair thrown in. The plain system isn't bad either since it's pretty specialized to one thing, though I found it harder to branch out to try a different style. The grimoire wasn't bad imo, but I know a ton of people didn't care for it or its random nature. I'm super happy to see a very close release date for Japan... that means it'll get localized quicker :D

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:54 pm

I love subclasses too and I'm also really happy you can customize characters' colours like in EOV!

I watching the trailer I noticed at around 1:01 that there seems to be some sort of Location Select but cannot read Jap, so I'm not really sure what that sequence might represents, I wonder if the game will have multiple dungeon aside from the Tree like EOIV. :?
I liked them.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 pm

I think that the grimoire-system is a nightmare and a crime. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm

The thing at ~1:01 looks like an overworld map. The top says "Select destination please". The destinations the cursor passes over are "town" (red dot) and two varieties of plains (blue dots; can't quite figure out good translations for them; one with water (maybe like EO5's first stratum?), the other 'sunny', whatever that means). The "town" dot's icon looks kinda like the flying town seen at 0:29 and 1:41, and the icon to the left like the log cabins seen at 1:09. No idea what the other two and a half icons are suppose to look like.
From the rest of the video it's clear we're going to be revisiting parts from all the previous games, so I guess they're connected by this overworld map. There's a "Camp" option too, so it's maybe not instant travel like the old "Select stratum" menus.
Kimiko

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Grimoires weren't so bad in EOU2. EOU1's grimoires were bad.
Kimiko

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 am

Looking like it'll be a good one. Wonder how they'll get it all balanced, since the video made it seem like you were able to visit the labyrinths from the other games. I wonder how they're going to balance that?

I loved the SubClassing, didn't like EOV's Legendary Titles, and thought grimoires were way too much of an RNG-fest. Grimoires also didn't feel as good as either of the other 2 options, cause you have a hard limit on how many skills you can have. Legendary Titles had high options within a limit, grimoires had high freedom, with a very restrictive limit, and personally, I felt like subclassing had a better balance of both options and freedom.

It slated the release date for Japan as August 2nd, right? That's pretty close.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:00 am

Yes, August 2.

I prefer EO5's system (especially loved being able to add your own titles). EOU2's grimoires weren't so bad either (EOU1's were bad). Subclassing makes things kinda bland I feel. You're penalized for not using it, so you end up with ten classes in one party, which means characters don't have as much personality imo.

Director Komori said in the interview that they tried to bolster the less popular (sub)classes by using force boosts/breaks, but I didn't like that system much either. You're always saving the big fireworks for special occasions, yet when you really need them you can only use them once before you have to build up the gauges again.

Some of the dungeons will look like the dungeons from older games, but they'll have different layouts. Komori hinted that knowledge of previous games may backfire sometimes, so I guess they'll have some traps or events work differently. I'm not going to trust any squirrels though :evil:
Kimiko

29 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”