New EO game in development

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New EO game in development

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 pm

There'll be one last Etrian Odyssey game for 3DS.

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

astrich
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New EO game in development

Postby astrich » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:40 am

This is all speculation, of course, but do you think it'll be EO3U, or EO6, or a new spin-off entirely?

I'm personally hoping it's EO3U; it'll be a "culmination" of the series in that it'll bring all of the series available for the 3DS family platform.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:05 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:49 am

The ocean but done well like the balloon in IV would be rad.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:01 am

This makes me incredibly sad, as I love the EO series on DS/3DS, but I also understand wanting to move them on to something else after a decade on the system.
I can't imagine what it'll be, but for the moment, I won't hype up for it until I'm done with EOV.

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm

It just has to be EO3 Untold. It's the only logical choice. And I'll be happy to play it, since I never finished the original games, so I'm really looking forward to updated and better versions.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:52 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:10 am

For me, it's clear it is EOU3. It's all that is left to make the full series on the 3DS.
EO4 and EOU2 mentions in some very few dialogs about the Ocean City, as we all know, is Armoroad.

Also, something intrigues me ... "last to use the bottom screen on the Nintendo 3DS to draw the map."

This means they at least have plans to move on the series on the Switch, since it lacks a second screen. But the map making is the main feature of this series, they will strip it off?
Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 pm

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of it being EOU3. EO3 is probably my favorite game of all time, and it does have a few issues, but it is in far less need of an update than the first 2 games were. I am much more terrified of EOU3 not being amazing, than I am excited about new possible features/fixes/balance corrections. I would want the skills to be almost exactly the same, for one, which is just about guaranteed to not happen. I feel like I would blow up at every single difference from the original that isn't a straight upgrade (graphics, music, skill descriptions, additional features, etc.).

The only 3 issues I really had with EO3, were: Lack of 6th Stratum battle music, postgame final boss balance design is atrocious, and Sea Quests messing up the equality of party experience (muh OCD!).

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Looks like the game is confirmed to NOT be untold 3.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2017/7042.html

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 pm

EO: Yggdrassil Simulator. You are Yggdrassil this time and create labyrinths for adventurers to explore, making money by looting their corpses (and by charging entrance fees).

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:08 am

Mole-chan I....

29 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”