EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Demo is out folks!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks for confirming about the Fishing.

Yeah I see more promise in setting up a bunch of bunkers as opposed to the normal line defends. It has shown a lot of promise plus still lets my Dragoon act. For nastier monsters I've put up three bunkers and not been hit once.

:\ This game mocks me. It gives me lots of berries and foods and stuff, but I feel that so far when I've been hit, it's been an instant KO. LOL. Though as I'm leveling up this has been happening less. T-T Gaaah!!

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Oh, yeah, defensive Dragoon has pretty good SP-economy and can afford a good amount of racials.

The traditional shield-skills are good value because Gun Mount only costs 2 TP. An offensive Dragoon is really good at soloing.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:35 am

Don't know why, but Harvesting is now stacking, but Fishing still isn't.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:12 am

I feel like a supportive Rover pairs well with a Dragoon on paper. not sure in practice though. between the hound's random lick wounds and a bunker soaking hits, which the dragoon may or may not be able to back up, the 2 can make for a solid defense.

Or am I wrong and the bunker isn't durable enough alone so only clashes with pets because they take up those spaces?

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 am

Bunkers are pretty durable. It's not like you could fill three slots with the dog and the bird, anyway.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 pm

My team now is Necromancer-Harbinger-Pugilist/Shaman-Rover.

I love that you don't have to worry about having only one extra slot for summons like in earlier games. Still not fond of using HP for anything though, so I only get auto-wraiths if I'm lucky. At the moment I'm relying on the hound for healing (sometimes assisted by the Shaman's buff+healing), so I'll probably have to look into something more targeted.

I didn't investigate that reclass thing. Can I get replace the two Earthlains with other races that way? Although, maybe I shouldn't; their resuscitate union skill is very useful. Or do the others get that too later on?

There's no way to review the "Adventurers' Log" things after they're gone, is there? The word 'log' suggests that they're recorded somewhere, but they're not in the menu it seems.

Does the analyze union skill register all details (i.e. including conditional drops), or does it do the same as just finishing one battle? The former would be very useful, the latter hardly useful at all. I thought it did the former, but when I used it on a monster I'd fought before it said it was already in the register, without updating it with the conditional drop.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Attachments
EO5 board.jpg
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Kimiko

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Ah yes, I wrote too quickly. There was a door I overlooked which opened one of the walls, and from there it was just follow the golems.

But now I'm finished with the demo, and I still have another day of weekend left.. :/

Advice for when I get the real game on what to do for better healing? Probably exchange the Shaman for a Botanist, right?
Kimiko

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Union is relatively spammable. You only need the initiator at 100, so less than five participants will leave somebody with another use.

Dog is a good healer. Only for HPs, though.

Analyze does reveal ???-items. I checked before and after mid-battle.

Turtle is first boss, as far as I'm concerned. A shame that Nintendo made the effort to disable screenshots on their devices.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:36 am

Tried reclassing my Shaman as Botanist. Now I have targeted healing, but no elemental buffs >_<
Kimiko

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 pm

I tried the Botanist for a bit, but it's not really great. If I want targeted healing, Botanist is the only option. If I want elemental attacks, I need either a Warlock or a Shaman. Both are back liners. But I don't want to give up my Rover either (summons are cute ^_^), so that would mean 3 back line characters, which is bad too (only 2 front liners means more damage per character). So I guess I'll stick with the Shaman for additional healing and elemental buffs for now.
Kimiko

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm

What do you mean by target? Rover and Shaman can heal a single ally on command. Necromancer, and later Reaper and Rover, can heal the party on command.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”