EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOV Rantage!!

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Reading some of the previous comments here, I am surprised that it was possible to with the 3rd stratum boss fight. I don't think I really got the option for me, I was given the choices of Did I miss something somewhere?

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:00 pm

I was able to pick in addition to the other 2 choices mentioned. I think how you react to the event involving them just before the boss determines if you can use her or not.

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Mole-chan I....

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 am

My copy arrived today so I was able to play it for a bit...I just continued where I left off in the demo mostly and cleared a good chunk of the 3rd floor.

In a funny turn of events, I convinced my friend who lives in Japan to buy the game after he texted me drunk in a video game store, so he's playing the Japanese version while I get through the English one.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Mole-chan I....

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:04 am

Just made it to 24F. Everyone's lv63 right now. Not much to say other than the following (in spoilers of course):

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Got my copy today, but had only an hour to play because of work...

Anyway! My team, which I also played in the demo (didn't carry over any demo save, tho):

Dragoon/Fencer
Warlock/Rover/Shaman

Aiming for a chain party. Hopefully, binds and ailments won't be THAT important for the time being...

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Currently in the post game zone. Beat the final main game boss at lv66, but very very close to lv67. Now sitting at lv70 after some post game quests and exploring 26F a bit. Spoilers about that and some random post game banter coming up here.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:41 am

Not gonna lie. I hate the in the 4th strata. Harder than anything I've faced thus far. Its like the Petaloids from EO1 all over again. Sleep with a speed priority is just mean.

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 pm

French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 am

Ok, dumb question...how in the world do you unlock the and quests? I just hit 29F and I haven't seen either quest pop up. Been doing every quest that's popped up so I don't think it's that.

EDIT: ...Ok Atlus, that's REALLY stupid. Quest unlocks BEHIND gathering materials on specific stratums? No, that's dumb, I'm sorry. Don't care what anyone says. At the very least, I think I've got the quests unlocked now.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 am

You mean you played through the main game without gathering materials on all five strata? :?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Not for all the stratum. I got so involved in simply trying to reach the next floor that I never did any significant gathering from the fifth stratum onwards. I suppose that's partially my fault, but still...it's a bit silly to have quest unlocks hiding behind such a thing.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Reached 10F today, but didn't explore yet!
My Chaining-Party is doing surprisingly well. Food and ailment/bind inflicting items help a lot, though.

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”