EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOV Rantage!!

Postby Kimiko » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 pm

I followed some of Myssdii's advice for my Harbinger and Rover, leveled them back up to 70, then took on again, and managed to defeat it. Yayness! \o/ Ephemeral Reap and Leading Blow do really nice damage, even without Overexerting anyone.
I'm now back to exploring the sixth stratum, gaining a few more levels and new equipment before I go back to the quests. I forgot to put that skillpoint back in Resuscitate so I had to thread out a few times already and my party's exp. levels are uneven again >_<
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

sebberu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sebberu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 am

was pretty mean. AoE Petrify right on turn 1 was unexpected and messed with my turn 1 setup and most of the fight was spent trying to fix it up. was surprisingly not that helpful... mainly because I didn't remove her petrify; but Spirit Broker doesn't actually work too great with my team... especially since my own Necro was resummoning her ghosts over and over preventing me from using Hell's Gate.

Now all that's left is finishing up 29F and hitting 30F. 6th strata random encounters are pretty ridiculous though. More than one in any group is just too much.

Also its mapping hell; but that's par for the course in any 6th strata.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:00 am

Speaking of mapping, the Southeast section is starting to bother me for a bit. Hopefully it'll stop.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 am

Kimiko

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Beat him! Downed him in 5 turns. Also a 6th strata boss with an actual ending scene! Oh my!

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 am

Woah, I absolutely love the 6th stratum (aesthetically)! Music and visuals fit so well...

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 am

It's not really my taste, but I suppose it's something different from the usual.

Still doing sixth stratum stuff myself. Just beat . That ultimate staff has a sweet skill. Suddenly my *ahem*High Priestess is one of the stronger attackers. Well, as long as she has TP, because it's very costly :shock: Still, it's nice she has something to do in between juggling Prayers.

Just hit level 80 though, so it's already time to get ready for the next boss. I'd like to buy the new gear before that though, so a-grindin' we go again :/

ETA - I finally reached F30. Which brings new monsters and new equipment. Which means.. more grinding >_<
I wonder if this is where the creators figured, "hey, we have this easy money DLC, let's make sure people need it"..
Kimiko

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:25 am

You could always Instant Death spam, via Spirit Broker, the infinite spawning .

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am

That's a nice idea, but my Necromancer is a Spirit Evoker, not Broker. And I already gave my Pugilist her ultimate cestus instead of the one with the instakill skill too >_<
Kimiko

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 am

I got into the fight and won on the first try without knowing what the quest will be about...
Somehow, I feel I get pretty lucky in this game. Most binds (from my Therian Rover) land when I need them and my Cannon Bearer keeps doing a wonderful job. The fight was pretty easy, too...

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm

I bought that instakill cestus back so now I can farm instead of harvesting for money. Thanks for the tip, Sigma. I hadn't noticed that they were vulnerable to instadeath. Well, sort of. Now and then you get one that won't die quickly enough. My Pugilist depletes really quickly at 18TP per turn, so I'd better get in some as well for Amrita IIs.

ETA: Well, that's my front line equipped with ultimate weapons & armor. I still need to fight again for my Rover's ultimate armor, and some more of those for four gloves. Helmets are already the strongest I think, so after that only the Shaman's armor and the Rover's weapon are left to find.
Kimiko

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:53 pm

The following might help you better, could just clone 5 off the guild card.

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”