Your Opinion so Far on the Demo?

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

91 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Your Opinion so Far on the Demo?

Postby PLA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

^ That Dragoon has been at least semi-popular. It works. Wis has a damage-reducing effect, too.
Dragoon-skills are already pretty economical with TP, though, and brownies love getting disabled by ailments and binds, especially if they are frequent targets.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Daige
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daige » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 pm

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:10 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:29 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:42 am

^ everything that was said here.

And it's why I hated the EO3 and EO4 compositions. I love the class dynamics. It feels like there's now a reason for me to debate and choose my team carefully because the penalty is more severe.

It also encourages me to maybe keep one of each group around. One of the draws EO had for me was that if I didn't create a Ronin or Dark Hunter class, I would have difficulty getting drops from things like the Golem. The dragons would have been impossible without the defenders. The classes just felt like they mattered.

Subclassing just took away the draw and EO4 I felt that many of the classes were imbalanced to FORCE you to choose the right subclassing.

I'm so glad that the reclass feature in the game does not feel mandatory. I'm probably never going to do it. I also love that there's the "squad" options which feel like it's the game developers trying to steer you in the intention they were going for. They want us to create multiple members of a guild and switch them in and out depending on circumstances.

The game just feels like it's stepping back to the original intention of the game series. Old school fun that is simple but complex.

[] - [] - [] - []

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 am

I think with that all said and done, Etrian Odyssey V's Dangerus Guild will be the largest one yet!

Also, while I love EO3 and EO4, at least character-wise, I do agree that subclassing does have a bit of an imbalance. Though Grimoires PLUS Subclassing sounds horrifying.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 pm

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 am

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 am

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:45 am

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Doglord has some good binds.
Spooky ghosts can be decent tanks.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:09 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43 am

91 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”