QR Guild Cards

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: QR Guild Cards

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Yeah I ended up taking the snipping tool and saving to my desktop just so I could zoom and it took it then. I might be just a bit too twitchy.

I created a new signature featuring the QR code. I'm hoping this works.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:07 pm

You scaled the code for your sig? It doesn't scan anymore like this.. :/
If size is a problem, maybe try cutting away the green part around it so just the b/w code is left? It's 180×180, so it should be able to fit in the 500×200 the rules allow for sigs.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 am

Yeah I scaled it. Hrrrm, maybe this will be a bit better. Not sure how I like it.

[] - [] - [] - []

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 am

Of course, you'll need to recreate your sig image a lot while you're going through the game if you want to keep people updated on your progress. Or at least once your reach the end.
Kimiko

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 am

Here are cards for all five of my guild members, final update from the demo:
SQ5GCARD-Marda.png
Marda, Necromancer, lv10

SQ5GCARD-Yffi♪.png
Yffi♪, Harbinger, lv10

SQ5GCARD-Xuzu.png
Xuzu, Pugilist, lv10
Kimiko

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 am

(cont.)
SQ5GCARD-Esshi.png
Esshi, Shaman, lv10

SQ5GCARD-Ariila.png
Ariila, Rover, lv10

They're not very well specialized yet skill-wise, but they have the best gear available in the demo. For example, Marda-nee can't summon wraiths on command yet, they only appear with random luck. Yffi♪'s miasma armor also randomly appears, but it doesn't do anything yet.

Marda is the guild leader and nee-san character to the others. She worries a bit about being a good leader now and then, what with the others looking up to her. Yffi♪ is very lively/enthusiastic/sing-songy (and insists on having that weird ♪ in her name). Xuzu is a bit like that, but has more of a temper. Esshi is earnest/meek and tries her best not to be a burden on the team (she isn't really, but she worries because she doesn't deal as much damage as the others). Ariila is a taciturn type who's better with animals than people. She likes Esshi because she's also quiet, unlike some rowdy characters in the front row *cough*Yffi♪*cough*Xuzu*cough*. She and Xuzu are the hard hitters of the team. Ariila's hound is called Hulia btw, and her hawk Moqi. Marda-nee's wraiths are just Wraith A, Wraith B, etc. (although with Ariila usually having both her hound and hawk active, it's mostly just Wraith A). Hulia looks intimidating, but loves cuddles and gets along well with everyone. Moqi is like her human and keeps a distance from the rest of the team.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

TheBeowolfGuild
Ragelope

Postby TheBeowolfGuild » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:12 am

I have mine but I can't put it on here.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:53 am

Why not? If you tell us the problem we can help.

[] - [] - [] - []

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:02 am

US. I'll be adding everyone who posted theirs so far and will be coming back every so often to add any new ones. Do we have to make new QRs to reflect our higher levels, or would that not matter?

I'm also a bit annoyed because my Fencer's name is supposed to be Lili, but an NPC has that same name and that would be awkward. :/

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 am

Yes, you have to reselect the character and generate the card anew in order to update their stats or gear. I'm guessing you didn't do that, because Bryer shows as both lv17 and lv10 on yours. Either that or there's some weird limitation on characters you share through cards.
Kimiko

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm

I'll probably post my guild card after the end or beginning of each stratum.

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Not sure why but I'm unable to scan any of the QR codes. I just hold the camera up to my screen and it doesn't do anything, regardless of the angle, distance, etc. I tried pressing buttons too, but to no avail.

Also, my n3DS hates my college wifi, so I have to post a phone screenshot of my new team (started over with the new portraits). Hopefully you guys can get something from it!

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Huh. I had to correct the perspective before it would scan, but you're using DLC portraits, right? They show up blank in the demo (don't have the fullgame yet), so your guild looks as if it has only one real member and four ghost members :P

If you can't scan some codes here, make sure you're not looking at a scaled-down version of the image. When you use the forum's attachment feature, it shows a smaller preview that you need to click to see the full image.
Like I said before, photos are really tricky and rarely work without some manual editing.
Other than that I can only advise to hold the camera very steady, with the QR code a square in the middle of the screen, almost as tall. The game will tell you if it's a card for a different region (N-Am, Eur/Aus or JP), or a card you already have, or your own card.

This edit of your QR code worked for me:
Kimiko

97 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”