QR Guild Cards

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

97 posts
TheBeowolfGuild
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: QR Guild Cards

Postby TheBeowolfGuild » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:32 pm

My QR isn't reading anything..

SteelCrow
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:27 am

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 pm

I'd be interested in hearing more about that. Or does it require a hacked 3DS?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Yeah, you have to hack your 3DS for it. I'd go into more detail but, again, I'm not really sure of the rules of the forum and don't want to upset anyone.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Nah, that's okay. I'm not really interested in hacking my 3DS. I might change my mind if I had a spare, but that's not the case.

I've seen posts on GameFAQs about changing all kinds of stuff in the game, basically the kinds of things you could do with an emulator or the cheating devices of yore (Game Genie, Action Replay, etc.). They require custom firmware though, which IIRC makes it impossible to install any system updates or use the eShop.
Kimiko

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 pm

I just spent like half an hour trying to scan in these things. Could not even get 1 to register. QR code covered most of the screen, and I tried standing still without moving as much as possible for like 20 seconds. Nothing works. I have tried on both Nintendo 3DS, and New 3DS XL.

Help!

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38 pm

I haven't had any trouble scanning the images yet; not even needing to resize them. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the camera lens on the 3DS is smudged or dirty?

Stratum 2 access:

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Maybe it depends on what kind of screen you try to scan from? I use my PC's monitor.
Kimiko

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 am

I had to ENHANCE (zoom in with ctrl and +) to actually get it to work. Even then I had to maneuver the camera around for nearly all of these posted.

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:41 am

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 am

I'm with you here, honestly. I've tried scanning from my phone, laptop monitor, I've tried wiping off the cameras and making sure they were clean, I've tried zooming, adjusting, etc etc and nothing has worked

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 am

I'm having a hard time, too. I couldn't get Ralis's card, even with Kimiko's corrected version.

I can only get the ones that are directly from SD card. Here's what I've had to do.

I think it's how large or small they are on the screen. My monitor's resolution is 1366x768. So they are pretty small on the screen. I hit ctrl+ 4 times until it's zoomed in nice and big. Then I tilt my XL 3ds screen so that it's in the straight up and down position (my laptop keyboard gets in the way).

You have to then make sure it's catching it flat angled on your 3ds screen (no titling anyway). Then fill the screen with the QR code until the black corners are touching the edges of the screen. Then HOLD. Takes about 6-10 very loooong seconds before it will register.

Update: here, I've taken some pictures (XD excuse my thumb in the way of the second one - this wasn't easy but I think you get the idea) Hopefully this helps.

[] - [] - [] - []

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I am now at the point that the demo left off at. Here are my people. I suppose I'll edit this post with a new code and description when I get to further checkpoints. US Region.

Maverick is a Necromancer. In my view, a commander of ghosts should not be dead, and should have some evidence of training, expertise, and institution. Everyone else is their native class/race. I spent a long while coming up with good colors and names. I might change them again (I love that doing so is free) but probably not. Satisfied with them right now.
Attachments
SQ5GCARD_SteelCrow_LV10.jpg
Last edited by SteelCrow on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:28 pm

A retired and sassy Lecti ready to take on the nightmare that is the 3rd Stratum:

97 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”