Anyone beat the FOE's in the demo?

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Katt
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anyone beat the FOE's in the demo?

Postby Katt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:59 am

I'm just having the hardest time. Considering a full rebuild but that seems silly since a full game team will just destroy them later on. But it would be nice to know if it's worth the risk.

Kimiko
Manticor

Re: Anyone beat the FOE's in the demo?

Postby Kimiko » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 am

I barely beat the Toxipede. The Owlbeast beat me badly the first time I tried it. After that I made sure to upgrade all my equipment to the best available and managed to beat it with only one team member dead at the end (would've been alive if my Shaman had been quicker with that Nectar).

(9.76% of monsters logged.. So close to getting that stamp on my guild card, but this is all there is in the demo)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 pm

So far I've only defeated Toxipede, though I must say that when I did battle it my poor Necromancer was utterly useless, the FOE was immune her only damaging spell... so her contribution was like 5 points of damage each turn.. :D
But after a long battle I did manage to defeat it. ^^;
Took like 23 turns or so.

Mole-chan I....

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 am

I just fought and beat Toxipede today with everyone at level 8. My Necromancer was INSTRUMENTAL for defeating it, because getting hit and poisoned by Poison Fang kills everyone on my team except my Cestus in one turn. Fierce Shield is so good for protecting everyone.

Other than that, I cycled through all my best debuffs and attack skills, my Reaper landed a paralysis, and Herbalist healed/revived whenever the Toxipede broke through the ghosts. Spent all my fighters' TP and had to rest at the inn afterwards.

Then I got some money and bought me Crawler Knuckles. :)

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Beat the Toxipede at team level 8 but it took a lot of effort. Beat the Owlbear at team level 10. The Toxipede was a tougher fight. Not really sure which characters I used, though. Probably a Dragoon, a Pugilist, a Warlock and a Botanist. The fifth could have been a Rover with a wolf. I got some extra binding and extra healing there, which is nice.

The Dragoon bunkers were highly useful.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 am

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 pm

The bunkers are actually ridiculous. With two of them out, you seldom take any damage at all and as long as the bunkers are above level 1, they can take quite a beating.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 am

Beat a Toxipede on my first try. Used three Nectars and ended with only party member down. Wasn't too difficult of a fight, actually.
Party:
Masurao, Dragoon, Pugalist
Warlock, Botanist

Would have probably been a bit easier if I had more points in the Pugalist's bind skills (I feel like I spent too many points on his class skills). But I agree, the Bunkers make a great deal of difference in a fight, though I don't feel they are that OP, though I'll admit mine only have like 2 points in them or so?

[] - [] - [] - []

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”