Team setups

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Daige
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Team setups

Postby Daige » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 am

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 am

The Hound's auto-heal will scale off his stats. Aid Command however heals a set amount of HP. At rank 10 it heals a static amount of 150 plus 34% of the target's max HP.

Hunting Hound once its unlocked has a skill that also further amplifies the amount of healing from the Hound. The only real downside is that they don't have a reliable AoE heal, since Medicinal Lick targets random allies.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:34 pm

^ Level 10 ought to guarantee healing, since four members are only eligible for eight of the heals.

Panic is a good status-effect, but Menacing Howl has pretty low modifiers.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 pm

XD I feel as if I have won something by my theory being confirmed even if I didn't understand the mechanic. LOL Thank you!!

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Yeah, I noticed that doggoids only showed up in the north.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:39 am

Blazian88
Ragelope

Postby Blazian88 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 pm

My team consists of:
Front: earthlain fencer chain/ therian masuro duelist
Rear: therian rover hound/earthlain dragoon/therian rover hawk

Rovers are too good so i figured why not 2 :). Resuscitate is a godsend on this team

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 am

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 pm

My team is:
(F) Masurao, Harbinger
(B) Warlock, Rover, Botanist
all default race for their class

I originally wanted a Dragoon in place of Harbinger, but I decided against that because during character creation, I thought animal companions/bunkers took up the 6th party member slot, instead of having their own summon slots.

I wanted Rover to be more geared towards binds than they are. Honestly, Pugilist had everything I wanted for the slot where I put Harbinger: good bindings, and damage. Thing is, I just didn't want a Pugilist. For whatever reason. Being able to summon both animals w/Rover at once makes it easier, but not perfect.

I was under the impression that Shaman's passive heals were incredibly weak, and I was concerned that my party would have too many buff/debuff options to be able to stick them all on at once, so I avoided Shaman and chose Botanist instead.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Last edited by Kimiko on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:47 pm

May as well post my current team:

Front: Dragoon/Pugilist/Masurao
Back: Rover/Botanist

All of them in their initial race by the way.

The team's serving me remarkably well so far (ESPECIALLY the Rover's awesome Animal Therapy passive). Only class I may swap out is my Botanist to put in a Shaman, but dang I do love that Toxic Smoke skill for how much its poison ticks for at high levels (and decent odds to land too).
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

64 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”