Team setups

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Team setups

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 pm

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Blazian88
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Blazian88 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 pm

I have nothing better to do anyway until I get the full game :/
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:38 am

Guys! I have great news! I got the full game and finally defeated those pesky Toxipedes with my A-team!

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 am

Really. I have had no need for it whatsoever. All healing done by the Botanist is good enough to put a character up to full HP after 1 cast, and the single-target heal is fast, too. The Hound's normal heal, plus Botanist is enough to keep everyone at full, and I haven't run out of TP once 15 hours into the game.

The only times when someone has died, was when they got combo'd in 1 turn when they were at full health at the start of the turn. I have also barely touched food at all, it's just not needed in my case.

In my case at least, the precious skill points are far better spent elsewhere than Animal Therapy.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 pm

My reasonings for Animal Therapy is exactly what Fluffernuff just said...it's free healing and puts less strain on my Botanist to heal up to full after a battle. Hell, if it weren't for a lv9 Toxic Smoke being insanely good for damage on the 1st Stratum right now, I'd switch her out for a Shaman (buffing) or a Warlock (elemental damage).
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 pm

To each their own! I value freeing up my botanist so she can blind things! If only ailments stacked, haha. I would like to blind, paralyze, curse, and Poison an FOE!

Heck, I was underleveled and underprepared for the 1st boss, so I grinded, invested points in my botanists healing, and.... I overleveled too much and her healing only came into play... once. heck, the one time she DID heal it wouldnt have mattered. Doh!

She's an integral part of my team, though. I need her AoE blind for random encounters. And AoE blind will only get more valuable the more my team relies on dodging for damage. The less she needs to heal, the better for me!

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Animal Therapy is full party, cost-free, handsfree healing, every turn of combat from level 1. Not skill-level 1, character-level 1.
It not being weak would be an oversight by developers. I would be suspecting a decimal-error if it were strong.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 pm

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 am

64 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”