Team setups

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Team setups

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:08 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:16 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:21 am

So I made a fourth group since Gathering lead to an amazing discovery (and I bought the DLC portraits of school kids).

(School boy) Therian Masurao - Celestrian Fencer
Brouni Warlock - Earthlain Botanist vol. 2 - (Sweater Girl) Earthlain Dragoon

Results? They make a good gather team.

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:59 pm

I feel so wrongly skilled after reading this. I bought almost every single race skill for everyone (only one fishing, only one animal care, as they don’t stack). But a lot of them give small bonuses to the actual stats, I couldn’t resist. But now that I’m level 40 it’s not that big of a loss since I have a variety of skills open now.

Haven’t messed with changing jobs, and I’ve only rested once to rebalance exp levels (I switched two characters from my original composition and had to have them OCDelightfully at the same exp #)

—Fencer (chain)/Masurao (single blade)—
—Botanist (healer)/Warlock (elemental)/Rover (hound)—

The subtitles will make sense later. The Masurao was swapped in place of Harbinger (just didn’t have the defense to last), and ironically, the Rover was in place of the Dragoon (you can have both hawk and hound out semi-tanking, attacking, healing, and binding. So useful). I feel so naked not having a tank class for the very first time in EO... but..

So far I haven’t faced a single FOE or boss that gave me any trouble except for one on the third stratum that ambushed me because I sneezed and moved ><
and I haven’t been power leveling, but I have abused the absolute hell out of element chains with my Fencer, using the Rover skills and bow normal, matching element with warlock, and also using a bow on my botanist since they lovingly make some that have a high Matk so the healing stays good.

Thanks to items being able to bind and apply status effects, there’s only one of the special drops outside of bosses I haven’t gotten since I have zero access with this party to that particular special.

About to get to the 3rd stratum boss... gotta go kill some more waves of FOE’s for their drops.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:49 pm

My current team set up is

Fencer/Masurao/Dragoon
Botanist/Warlock

So far it's been performing well, but i might try to do some class alters to try some new things after i beat the first stratum boss
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:58 pm

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:30 pm

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:43 am

Okay, so I just recently got Mastery so here is an update.

Everdeen (Earthlain Dragoon with a Shield Focus) - Tanya (Therian Single-Bladed Masurao)
Medina (Earthlain Rover specializing in Hound Skills) - Mwindo (Brouni Shaman that is a Divine Herald) - Delphina (Celestrian Warlock that is an Elemental focused one)

The only other one I worked with was Team B

Merlot (Celestrian Pugilist with the HP-draining but AOE focused attacks) - Sebastian (Phantom Duelist - Named his title the Abyssal Groom after a certain someone...)
Elaine (Earthlain Omninancing Warlock. Has a petrify attack) - Patiencio (Earthlain Heal focused Botanist... I think like the Hounds all my Botanists are Heal focused. I wouldn't know what to do with a Botanist that kills...) - Ludmilla (Therian Hound Focused Rover)

Any critiques? Will my accidentally-lvl-70 team defeat the 5th Stratum boss?

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 am

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:16 am

So how would you guys say it is to catch up levels? i feel like i wanna try something new with my main party, mainly a pugilist replacing my fencer, but I'd also rest my party to keep levels even.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:17 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:02 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:49 pm

My comp:
Front row: Eartlain Dragoon | Brouni Shaman | Brouni Botanist
Back row: Celestrian Necromancer | Therian Rover

Everyones 81 level at the moment.

Mole-chan I....

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Been trying to theorycraft another party, current thinking is:

T:Fencer -> Chain Duelist
Pugilist -> Barrage Brawler
Harbinger -> Deathguard
Shaman -> Divine Herald
Necromancer -> Spirit Evoker

The Fencer being AC'd from Therian is something that I'm still debating on. The increase to STR and TP is worth it to me, but then they would lose out on VIT and HP. The other reason for a Therian would be gaining access to two of their event racial skills.

The intention is that the Pugilist/Harbinger can help seed Chain Killer with Black Mist. The Pugilist would be providing Overexertion on both Fencer and, as/if needed, Deathguard. They would also be using One Two Punch / Double Punch and Thunder Fist / regular attack for seeding chains. The Harbinger would be utilizing debuffs (focus primarily will be Wilting/Eroding), Ephemeral Reap when possible, and regular attacks for chains. The Shaman will be seeding for chains, buff healing, herbology item heals (when/if necessary), and Dance Oracle for the Fencer/Necromancer. Necromancer will be prioritized towards Tombstone Vice upon 3rd stratum access and will branch out from there for Fencer/Deathguard support.

Another thing I'm debating on is Miasma Armor for the Deathguard. I can help justify it by insuring that their debuffs get off faster and activating Paralysis from Paralyzing Reap. However, the argument I could make against is that Paralysis can be covered by both items or Barrage Brawler and there is a benefit to having the possibility of Ephemeral Reap acting after the Fencer gets their chains off.

64 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”