Strategy tips and vital info

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Daige
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Strategy tips and vital info

Postby Daige » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Since I've played around a lot with different classes and setups, I've discovered a few vital things that isn't exactly obvious when you just read about the skills.

Spoiler warning, so read at your own risk:

Rover

Harbinger

Necromancer

If you have other important info, please share it here but remember to hide the text.

PLA
Manticor

Re: Strategy tips and vital info

Postby PLA » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 pm

I guess I'll hide it, too?

Dog.

Spooky farmer.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Following the trend

Pets:

I have nothing to add on reaper/necor. my reaper isnt an ailmenter (it conflicts with my blinds), so I'm not running miasma armor. and I havent touched necro. So, Instead I will give my own little tip I've discovered and abused!

Union Teamwork:

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 pm

However, the supporters of a union skill will be penalized too, so a four-person skill will leave most of your team unable to initiate a union skill for several turns.

Here's my tip: To strengthen weapons, you can use ingots instead of materials. If some weapon needs hard to get materials, you can get the ingots to strengthen it by just buying a cheap weapon that you have already sold the shop a ton of materials for, fully strengthening that, then recycling it for shards.
Last edited by Kimiko on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Indeed, though if it's back-to-back, theyre drained anyway and wouldve taken that long. it's just something to note, not necessarily to live by!

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Another quick tip, just in case anyone like me missed it at first :oops:: You can call your hound and hawk or summon wraiths out of battle (I'm not sure about bunkers because I don't run a Dragoon myself). So there's no need to waste the first turns of the first battle, just call them as soon as you enter the labyrinth. You can even recover the TP or HP spent and go into a FOE or boss battle with the full team at full strength.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:40 pm

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 pm

You can change the order of the map icons in their tray by pressing the "arrange" button on the lower screen.

Details about Summons themselves

Dragoon's Bunkers

Summoning Rover's Hound and Hawk

Hound and Hawk behavior

skill, Triple Strike, makes up to 3 hits; each of these 3 hits has a separate chance of binding each part of the target. This means, if you get really lucky (unlucky?), the first hit could bind all 3 parts of the target.

Retirement bonuses are improved from previous games in the series, because of how stats work in this game. Alter Class SAYS that it also provides bonuses; this is a lie, as far as I can tell.

Any individual character can get up to a maximum of 116 Skill points. Don't worry if the numbers don't add up at first; this is correct.
Last edited by TheTruthOfPerfection on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:40 am

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:21 am

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Some class infos on the characters I used:

Harbinger (both specs)

Shaman (both specs)

Fencer (Phantom Duellist)
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”