Missing anything without voices?

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Missing anything without voices?

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:24 am

I did give my Warlock, Malice, the 'Sultry' voice. I usually hate this kind of voice, but it fit the character so well. Modelled her after Malice from the Legend of Drizzt books by R.A. Salvatore.
I have a few voices from the 40 that I like overall, but that brings the problem of my many guild members having the same voices... not that that's a huge deal in reality, but it bothers me and my headcanon >.>. It's completely opinion, but I feel like there are more female voices that aren't as annoying as some of the male voices. Which is odd, it's usually the other way around for me.

Daige
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daige » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 pm

internisus
Ragelope

Postby internisus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:19 am

Thanks for all the info, everybody! There's a lot here that I didn't know about, like the contextual speech during dungeon exploration, and I think I'll try to endure the VO at least long enough to see what this is like before turning it off. Who knows? Maybe I'll get used to it or not find it as bad as I expect to.

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:30 pm

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:10 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:19 am

Is it me or does it get more awkward hearing Spike Spencer's voice on two characters or so.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:44 am

I'm going to be honest. I stuck to voices purely out of conveniences of finding "hidden" stuff, but..... Well, super spoiler below. is it actually a spoil? i don't know. I consider it a huge deal.

Anyway, the only reason I have kept voices on since that little discovery has been pure laziness. after my early retire, my protagonists shall be mute. forever.

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 am

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:48 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:13 pm

I just unlocked Master titles today, and noticed the town NPCs started saying new stuff! Anyone else hearing this?

28 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”