Items with additional skills/passives

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Items with additional skills/passives

Postby heprea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:42 am

Heya, on my adventurous traveling I've encountered items that appear to have additional skills on them.

Which is kinda cool and all but, eh... I really have no idea what most of these skills(or passives) are or do or heck, am I even benefitting from them?

ie. I have necromancer item that has the word "Hallowed Shield" in the item description with a gray font.
Is this a passive?
Is this a skill?
I dont find anything in my skills tab when in combat.
I dont find anytihng in my unity tab when in combat.
Which makes me think its a passive..

There are some items that have given me access to low level healing skill and stuff like that(this is when there is something written with yellow font).

Does anyone know where one can read about these skills/passives or whatever they are?

Mole-chan I....

Sigma
Killclaw

Re: Items with additional skills/passives

Postby Sigma » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:18 pm

If the skill is greyed out then it is not activated for use. You would need to upgrade the weapon via forging to activate the skill on it to either be an Active or Passive skill. Further upgrades (up to +5) increases what that skill will do or give.

The following, under equipment skills in the list, will tell you what a skill will do on a particular piece of equipment:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/893659-etr ... faqs/75200

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Mole-chan I....

eastc
Ragelope

Postby eastc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you for this! I was wondering what was going on with those.
EO4: LND/SM

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”