Helm Splitter accuracy?

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Helm Splitter accuracy?

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm

I feel like accuracy/evasion may work differently than in previous games, or Helm Splitter is just weird.

Lv. 1-4 Helm Splitter has base accuracy -20
Lv. 5-9 Helm Splitter has base accuracy -40
Lv. 10 Helm Splitter has base accuracy -60
apparently

From previous games, I was under the impression that leg binds, and the paralysis ailment made it impossible for attacks to miss the affected character/enemy(bypass the accuracy check). Just now, though, I experienced Helm Splitter missing when targeted against an enemy that was paralyzed. For the record, the enemy got paralyzed, then later that same turn, helm splitter missed it. This makes it seem like Helm Splitter acc. reduction is applied after the paralysis/leg bind evasion check.

Would anyone happen to have the accuracy/evasion formula on hand?

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Re: Helm Splitter accuracy?

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 pm

IIRC, it isn't paralyze that bypassed accuracy, but BLIND. Perhaps paralyze did, but I don't remember seeing it (maybe I have in hindsight, its been a long while). But Blind should- it's why you can always run from blinded/leg bound enemies.

Though I don't have the accuracy/evasion formulas on hand.....

considering my team revolves around evasion, I probably should look for them...

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:33 am

I ca't see how blind would bypass the accuracy check, since you can still hit things when you're blinded, albeit at a much lower rate. It would add to the accuracy checks, if anything.

I say paralyze made things bypass the accuracy check, because in eo4, the Sniper's Squall Volley has a -60 accuracy modifier, but if the target(s) are paralyzed, then none of them miss in my experience. 6-16 hits for Lv. 10.

For something with such low accuracy, I can't imagine all of them hitting every time would be mere coincidence from mere reduced evasion.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 am

As I understand, Helm Splitter finishes a combo of attack skills that include Armor Pierce, Leg Sweep, and Haze Slash. Haze Slash seems particularly key, since a sleeping target shouldn't be able to get missed, and damage gets amplified.

Can't confirm any of that, though, I don't have reliable sleep infliction or Blade Master Masurao.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:35 am

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:21 am

Oh, blinded can't evade? I can't say I've noticed that before. Have never payed attention to it either, though, since it doesn't seem that intuitive. Also not really having used blind much in any of the games in the series probably contributes to my lack of knowledge in that area.

In eo3, I had multiple characters with blind, but never really had any opportunity to use it much if it all, aside from getting conditional drops. eo3 synergy too OP, everything dies easy. Teehee.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:55 am

I suppose I'll have to REALLY sit down and scour/test if I had the time or inclination. I can't say I've ever had an attack miss, but I'm still at base skills and haven't missed at all once yet.... blind or not.

REALLY hard for me to say on that 100%. I just THOUGHT it was the case before...

If I can brute force my way to unlocking specialities, I have reliable blinds at it is, I can go for helm splitter to see if it ever misses. lord knows how long that'll take to do though. I'm pretty behind everyone

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:53 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Paralysis works on turns it has activated.

Panic, Sleep, Petrification, Blind and Leg Bind work for the full duration.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Oh, Panic works, too? That's neat.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Looking at the formula, Therian only -BARELY- edges out Earthlain in base dodge rate (between like 5-12 points) depending on the level. Even at 99.

It makes me wonder who is really the better Fencer. Earthlains fit the slot better than I initially though. That TP, though... I still think therian is better simply because they -can- use something like Predict every turn without bottoming out...

But an Earthlain can make far far better use out of union boost, getting union every dodge for something like Blessing. That's a tough choice, honestly. I'll be sticking to my guns on Therian, but I'm at least alot more open to using an Earthlain in another un

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 am

I make use of this skill often...
Leg bind always inhibited the target from avoiding attacks. If it is leg bound, I always hit the Helm Splitter, never once failed.
Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:12 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”