EMD Rantage!

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

178 posts
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EMD Rantage!

Postby heprea » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Mole-chan I....

halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby halifix » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:26 am

Yeah, the game seems pretty easy. Finished 2/3 of the dragons and I haven't wiped yet, but this is mostly because Ariadne can basically be used midfight. Usually in EO games I wipe near the 3rd stratum or so. Can't remember how I played Shiren/Izuna/PMD, I haven't touched those in years...

Party is Protector/Land/Dancer/Hexer. I originally had a Runemaster instead of a Hexer, but she's annoying to micromanage. Backup is ninja/medic/princess/gunner. Also tried switching gunner into main party for my land, but that deprived my backup/fort party of binds and secondary ailment cure. I only use one character of every class.

Provoke is way too strong. I just run into a room, then switch with my party members so enemies with curse/poison/hypnosis/annoyances can't reach my leader protector (and so that hexer gets into melee range). Then my team just whacks everything with weapons forged with head binds. Alternate between Cranial curse (add in torpor if a crucial enemy avoided head bind) and Regen dance for enemies that blow up or paralyze randomly.

A few random complaints:
I really, really wish AI party members would switch places with you when you're paralyzed. Once, my leader got paralyzed by a monster's dying action in a hallway... and then the rest of the team died one by one to a monster from the other side. Dancer only does regen dance if she "sees" an enemy, so she didn't use it until the enemy was on her.

Confused enemies getting stronger by killing other enemies is weird.

My main party levels slower than my fort campers.

Hexers literally cannot curse 3*3 DOEs in hallways.

Hypnotized party members using recall scrolls are hilarious.

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:17 am

The storytelling was quite abysmal.

Even my party refused to develop much personality this time. They probably didn't see a point in being more developed than the rest of the cast. :/

| |

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Mole-chan I....

AzureZeal
Ragelope

Postby AzureZeal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:22 pm

A question about a boss's item drops

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:56 am

There is a horrible lack of information on this. The Japanese wiki speculates though that Purple is just a rare drop while Green is gotten by some unknown conditional. Some people say kill him while he's green, while others say you kill him while his arms are bound.

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:38 am

So I hadn't really had much of a problem with the item loss system until postgame, and great dragon... There was a LOT of good lost equipment after that fight, most of it not easily replaceable, since money is apparently a lot harder to come across then I remember it being in just about any other mystery dungeon/etrian game. (I blame those darn forts)
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 am

I just started playing this again the other day, but only played for a coupla hours. enough to get through the tutorial and first boss.

I remember actually somewhat enjoying myself playing before but dont remember much of the game at all, so im back giving it another go.

gonna try something different and 2-man it with a landy and dancer, i remember them both being solo-viable and being like... the perfect pair. yknow, with links actually bypassing DOE defenses and sword dance and Trick Samba kinda abusing links anyway

as for forts and defending the town, im going to let RNG be my guide and use any and all random recruits for that.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:40 am

I bought this today and I'm pretty sure it's crap. I'll give it more of a chance tomorrow, but it's really not great. Oh well, I didn't pay full price.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Mole-chan I....

Wolfling
Ragelope

Postby Wolfling » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:46 pm

I haven't bought this so I'm just asking since you spent couple of hours playing, pls rank this from 1-10 stars (10 star is best), how many stars would you guys give to this game?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:19 pm

3 or 4. The FOE's are gimmicky and a hassle as opposed to terrifying and difficult. Also the RNG dungeons just lead to lots of uninteresting and empty rooms and take away the thrill of exploring that the actual games have. I haven't played any other Mystery Dungeon games, but I heard this one isn't good compared to the them. I'd seriously consider giving this one a pass in favor of getting any of the other EO games you haven't played.

I love EOII, III, and IV, and was suprisingly charmed by the demo of EOII the other week so I think I'll get the Untolds and finally get to play EOI. EOMD is not what I was looking for to tie me over until EOV.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Mole-chan I....

178 posts

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”