EMD Rantage!

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

178 posts
Jarelo
Ragelope

Re: EMD Rantage!

Postby Jarelo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Last edited by Jarelo on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Putting an end to DOEs:

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:01 pm

The hard trick seems to be the fact that neither my main or my secondary parties has anyone I would say is skilled in binds or statuses. My gunner sorta worked out but it stopped working and I lost two people this time before I finally got lucky and took it out.

Bastard, I wasn't even aware he was going to be coming up that way. I was just going to let an empty fort take him out and reset him. :( But I stepped on a floor and it didn't give me any warning or anything - I think we moved at the same time.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 am

My best advice to explorers is to stockpile sigils, scrolls and pills and use those. To allow this, you need to keep your inventory to a minimum. Personally, for me, I get rid of items that just inflict paralysis since it's cancelled after being hit and not as useful as, say, sleep or slow. Overall, items seem to be the best way to inflict statuses unless you have a Hexer. I still max out status skills on the characters I use that have them, but don't rely on it barring classes that excel at it like Hexer or Gunner.

It's also worthy to note that it seems some DOEs are more susceptible to some statuses over others. A certain family of , for instance, are very vulnerable to poison and thus the affliction rate is high. Another tip I have for aspiring Landsknechts is to consider linkers. This counts as a status ailment, is very reliable, and couples well with both Runemasters and elemental Gunners. It seems "debuffs", that is things the game categorizes as lowering atk or def, apparently does not work? Yet linkers count as an ailment or something so they seem to work just fine.

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 am

I stash every status-inducing pill into storage for when I need to fight DOEs. In my experience, confusion has worked really well against DOEs, but that just might be because I get lucky with that particular status.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:52 am

*jots down notes*

[] - [] - [] - []

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:57 am

Just got to learning about DOEs. I got wiped really fast. Any way to get them to stop?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Yes. Just build forts. If they are unmanned, the DOE will destroy it but will reset back to its original location. If manned, a battle starts with that team that's in the fort.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Basic forts are only 1500 en so you can throw them up on the first area of each map as a defence. I recommend always having a fort absolutely first thing on every map since if they get to the town the effects are said to be very costly. Even if you intend to fight them, with no fort and no area of scan, they could run past you if they take a route you have not yet explored.

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Wow, I just started the game and y'all have already ranted for six pages :o

Why do I get to take only four party members after the tutorial? All the videos show five, and it's an EO standard. I want my fifth party member *pout*
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Oh wow. Imagine trying to get five party members through a hallway and into a room of enemies. O.O

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Was I mistaken? I'd swear I saw five in the videos..
*goes to check*
Huh, you're right, there's just four. Pfft, cheapskates, making me expect the usual five and only giving me four.. :(
How can they make an EO game without a five-character party? It's.. like, totally un-Etrian is what it is.. :x
*pouts some more*
*sigh* Guess I'll have to make do with only four..

My Dancer better shape up. She's the only mildly sturdy character in my current party. The rest are all super squishy, even the Medic.

Mo~ How do they expect me to have just four characters? It's hard enough picking just five in the regular EO games. Now I have to choose between Hexer, Gunner and Runemaster. And I haven't even unlocked the Wanderer and Princess (poo on your 'sovereign'; I say they're all Princesses).

Okay, I'll go to bed now..
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:10 pm

178 posts

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”