Chances of Localization

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Chances of Localization

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:48 am

Hrrrm, I'm actually concerned about this one. Every time a Mystery Dungeon is brought over I never feel that it does very well. Or is that just me? I've tried both the one for the DS and even bough Shiren the Wanderer for Wii. I'm kinda "meh" on them. I liked Izuna's play for a rogue-like but I've heard many statements (and can understand them) that she doesn't qualify.

[] - [] - [] - []

Jarelo
Ragelope

Re: Chances of Localization

Postby Jarelo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 am

I'm not really worrying about it (at least for the US, idk about EU), as Atlus has had a really good track record when it comes to bringing over games using their main IPs (such as MegaTen, EO, etc.) and I'm pretty positive that this game won't be any different. The only game that I can remember that is an exception is Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP, but apparently there were some problems in the code that made it impossible to localize. We have gotten every single Etrian Odyssey game and the fanbase has grown considerably since the series began, so I doubt Atlus would ignore fans outside of Japan. I'm only worried about fans in Europe, as Atlus has recently been having problems localizing games there (like SMTIV)

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 am

A fraction of pokemon-fans like Mystery Dungeons. That's a fraction of pokemoney.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah, aside from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon the series has not done very well over here.

That said Atlus hasn't disappointed us to date with EO, so I'm hopeful.

(EO sprite templates )

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:48 am

I honestly have no clue how did EO did (well, in terms of sales) in the West, but if all of the games got localized (people from the PAL region can import EO2&3 easily), then I wouldn't really worry about this game eventually getting localized.

Late 2015 - Early 2016 for the game seems reasonable, Atlus and NISA just released Persona Q in the West. P4DAN, P5, EOU2 and Devil Survivor 2 3DS should be next games to get localized.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Sorry for the double post, but seems like it is getting localized.

Edit: Yep, it's been announced officially.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:20 pm

:) That answers that question!

[] - [] - [] - []

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:36 pm

See you in 2016...

Greetings from Europe

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:44 pm

(Psst. Update the forum name.)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Kimiko beat me to it.

Get on it, Maxine!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Geez! Slave drivers! Actually tried to earlier but then got busy at work so didn't happen yet. I keep trying :)

[] - [] - [] - []

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks, Maxine! If you didn't change the forum name, I'd be tossing and turning at night, crying out "Why Maxine? Why!?". I could nary even scroll down the forum listing, as the mere sight was unbearable. It was too much for me to handle. I couldn't go on.

You are truly my saviour.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:43 am

^^^ Bwahahahaha xD

I'm glad it was approved! I love rogue-likes... Actually, I had it pointed out to me that I love grind-fests and micro-management, which seems to be the case xD.
Also masochistic, apparently, since hard games are grand.
Either way, SO EXCITED for this <3.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:36 am

atlus is naturally concerned with stuff selling well, but it's not as important as it might be to other groups. they publish a lot of bad shit that doesnt sell but they usually are getting a good deal with the developers or otherwise arent spending as much money as those other companies would on that localization, without lowering the quality. other localization teams like squeenix or sega probably pay a lot more as their incentive, but the people who work at atlus are not only skilled, but fans of their own projects and are pumped to contribute to in-house games like Persona or EO. when I did QA on EO:U, I was getting paid a lot less than I would have at Blizzard or whatever else was in the area, but the atmosphere was so laid back and friendly and whatever that people didn't really care. It's the same thing with NIS america. they release a bunch of what is, in my opinion, total garbage, but they can still get away with localizing it just because the people there get good deals and are passionate about what they are doing. These companies would be redundant if they weren't able to pump out games like that.

I'm actually of two minds about every Atlus game being localized because sometimes it's really hard to get voice actors to come back. Like, Troy Baker probably won't come back to the world of anime and JRPGs now that he's famous. But thats a really minor thing.

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”