Classes of EOMD (+ Party Discussion)

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
eharper256
Diabolix

Classes of EOMD (+ Party Discussion)

Postby eharper256 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Well, its been a heck of a while since I've been here, but I just noticed EO Mystery Dungeon is due out in Japan on the 5th March, just a month away, so here's a topic of discussion for the classes they've revealed (kinda surprised there's no discussion yet!).

First of all, I extracted all the class images from the site and you can see a slideshow on my . Or just check out the .

So we have:

Landsknechts (Swordsman)
Same old, same old. The displayed skills are 'Roundsword'; a cleaving hit against the front three spaces. Then 'Falcon Thrust', a piercing attack, possibly distributing hits until it hits a final destination going by its description. Finally they show Flame Chaser, which appears to last 5 turns. Then the Ougi appears to be a whirlwind cutter swordskill that hits everything onscreen.

Protectors (Paladin)
Showing off Provoke which is fairly vanilla, attract attention, increase own defence. Then there's Shield Smite, which knocks foe back a few spaces, dealing additional damage if they impact another enemy. Something new is 'Diversion', which appears to teleport enemies to the protector's position (I imagine this will will be very useful for keeping them off the squishies). Finally, their Ougi, Aegis, makes the party immortal for two turns.

Runemasters
First of all, there's an electric blast that appears to paralyse, then some kind of ice-shards attack that has piercing and hits both of the targets multiple times. Then a classic AOE fireball. The skill descriptions also talk about the usual elemental damage reduction run. Finally, the Ougi is a void attack hitting the entire room (touted as non-elemental in the description).

Medic
Fairly standard. Healing all allies in the room appears to be the norm for them. They also have a knockout blow with maces. After that is an auto-ressurect/auto-life skill with a passive chance. Their Ougi throws potions everywhere and is a full restore for everyone.

Gunner
Has a curing shot called 'Drag Barrel' (appears to end status, but not heal), sweep/strafing shot that hits a cone in front of them, a piercing shot, and their ougi, Magic Bullet, appears to be a multi-hit paralysis attack that blows foes backwards.

Dancer
Has chaser samba (hits whenever an ally does, looks nice on melee parties), regen waltz (as normal); and I'm not entirely sure what the second skill in the video is doing? Looks like a provoke which is odd. The description is going on about a passive speed boost (perhaps gives extra turns to the dancer?) not sure though. The Ougi buffs the entire party with Evade ++ and Action Rate ++ if the description is right.

Hexer (Cursemaker)
The first skill in the video is 'Pain Storm'; deals non-elemental damage to everything in the room with increasing returns on low-HP enemies apparently. Next, terror is inflicted on the enemies. They (those inflicted with terror) are then ordered to hit their allies with the third skill, killing each other. The Ougi appears to simultaneously inflict terror and confusion.

Ninja
Has a rush attack. Dashes forwards 4? spaces and hits anything in between. The video appears to show a counterattack skill, where the enemy that attacks them misses them, and they appear behind and strike; but the description doesn't say anything about this (it talks about passive instant death). Then there is a status effect mirror skill, applies one enemies status to others in the room. Finally, the Ougi tries to instant death the entire room.

Prince/Princess
Shock Arms is shown. Appears to be exactly like EOIII. (i.e. ++Resist and imbue with that element at the same time, though not the extent of the Protector resists). Prevent Order is also exactly like it used to be (prevent first status effect that would hit) except now affects the entire party. Regal Radiance (Reset Weapon) is also shown. Finally, the Ougi, Victory Order, appears to halve enemy damage taken and double party damage dealt for two turns.

Wanderer/Ronin
The Shiren tribute class. First skill is a quake-like skill, throws rocks at enemies in a cone in front of the wanderer. The second is an Anti-Wildlife (bird/animal) slash that deals bonus damage against those types. The third is a wand of digging from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, apparently, destroys walls three tiles in front of the wanderer. Finally, the Ougi appears to be Whirlwind from Pokemon, blows all the enemies in the room away to a different part of the dungeon.
---------

This appears to be pushing Etrian in a roguelike direction even moreso than it has been in the past. The Wanderer skills alone imply that the dungeons must be procedurely generated, since things like chewing through walls would trivialize certain scripted areas. The four-man party seems partially like 7th Dragon, and the combat is going to be rather positionally based I imagine. Personally I'm interested to see what direction this takes. If its like doing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup with a party rather than alone, I'm all for that!
Last edited by eharper256 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Classes of EOV (+ Party Discussion)

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:17 pm

You got my hopes way up, unfortunately though, this is Etrian Mystery Dungeon the spinoff game, not EO5, as their two different games.

Still a good complication of info though, don't get me wrong, you just made me come in expecting something way different. xD
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

eharper256
Diabolix

Re: Classes of EOV (+ Party Discussion)

Postby eharper256 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Lol, derp, I didn't even read ItL's front page, or I would have known that! This is what I get after hearing about EOV and blundering onto the japanese site for EOMD assuming its EOV. Time for some tweaking. If a mod could move this to the mystery dungeon forum instead that would be helpful. Sorry for the cock-up!

cosecant
Ragelope

Re: Classes of EOMD (+ Party Discussion)

Postby cosecant » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:03 pm

I think you meant Ad Nihilo about Reset Weapon, Regal Radiance is the skill that removes an elemental arms to deal non-elemental damage.

Based on the LP I've watched on the Japanese website, I think the 3 unlockable classes(Ninja, Prince(ss), and Wanderer) are available after completing the 1st mission.
Also the EXP needed to level up is different for each class(for example, based on the initial EXP they need on level 1 in the LP, Medic is the fastest to level up while Protector is the slowest), which kind of sucks to be honest, since I prefer my party has equal levels.
i know absolutely nothing

eharper256
Diabolix

Re: Classes of EOMD (+ Party Discussion)

Postby eharper256 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:28 am

Yeah you're probably right; been awhile since I played EOIII.

Its good you don't have to wait too long to add those classes to your party if thats the case; I tend to find EO's habit of giving you a new class after the 2nd stratum rather irritating because that's nearly a third of the game done already.

Different XP to level up based on class (or sometimes race where applicable) is fairly standard in roguelikes, actually. It tends to be a balancing measure; classes with worse base stats and growths typically level quicker to slightly compensate.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”