EMD Rantage!

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

178 posts
Hong
Manticor

Re: EMD Rantage!

Postby Hong » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Is it just me or is the Guildmaster like a bara god. Looks like his armour cannot even contain how ripped he is.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 am

Take the guildmaster if you want, as long as I get the captain. :twisted:

Anyway so yeah this game is fun! The boss of the third dungeon is hella annoying, though. I'm just guessing you're supposed to go for ranged attacks, so it's a good thing I registered one of every class as soon as possible (I love how easily the guild members level up when not in the party).

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Nothing is worse than having DOEs suddenly spawning one after the other.
During the fifth dungeon, I almost took out a dozen DOEs with breaks in between two or three kills (I took ailment stuff from the storage when they were close to the ).

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:48 pm

I just want to let everyone know that this game has a disgustingly long post game. I'm not sure if the main game was short by design or what, but I feel like I've been at this for ages. O.O There's lots of mechanics like curses and stuff that only become relevant post game.

At least we all are getting our moneys worth, that much is for sure. Also, so far the post game hasn't felt "hacked together". Maybe it was made from stuff they planned to use for the main game but didn't, but otherwise it feels relatively fresh. Some repeat enemies, but nothing out of the usual for an RPG.

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Btw, I'm starting to see what you were saying, Hong, about the music now that I've reached the fourth dungeon. Like...having the original FOE theme as background music could work if it was arranged a certain way, but it doesn't fit that well as ambient music as the other dungeon themes.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:33 pm

I still haven't heard the fourth dungeon's theme music. There's been one DOE after another there.

As for a long post-game, that's kinda expected for Rogue-like/Mystery Dungeon games. It's all randomly generated, so extra 'content' is cheap. "A 50-floor dungeon wasn't enough? How about a 200-floor one?"
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:29 am

I can't do it. I can't play with a party in any MD game... it just so much better to solo.

So yeah, I'm gonna go solo Gunner. I know I'll probably regret it later. Maybe change my gameplan once all the classes are unlocked, maybe.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:12 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Fadedsun
Ragelope

Postby Fadedsun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello everyone. New member here, but not new to EO. I've been playing ever since I've heard about the release of the very first title. Been a fan ever since. I've lurked these boards for quite sometime. Usually around new releases. Figured I should join by now. Anyway! EO:MD!

I love a good rogue or rogue-like and so far EO:MD has been no exception. There are some quirks I don't enjoy. For one, I'm not a fan of the full party aspect and from the beginning I was asking Atlus if we could run solo like in any EO game.

Right now, I'm running a Ninja and a Dancer after running a standard 4 person party and finding it much too slow. For one, having only two members makes managing them far easier. I can make sure my members don't waste TOO much tp by turning on/off skills while switching leaders and using the skills I'd like them to use. A bit cumbersome to compensate for bad AI decisions, but it works. The Ninja will use daggers every chance he gets, and the Dancer will always use Guard and Attack tango, even with battles against weak groups. Wasteful.

So far, this has been working for me and the game is a lot more challenging than I originally found it, though this challenge only comes into play late into dungeons when enemies become stronger, or during boss battles. I'm hoping after I beat the main game I can run totally solo in a harder difficulty and it will be like playing a Shiren game. Besides this, the game is still a lot of fun.

I haven't found the music decisions bad by any means, except for the 4th dungeon that introduces DOEs. The 5th dungeon has a more balanced theme between tense and relaxed that the 4th dungeon didn't. I had to mute the music during the 4th dungeon for my own sanity.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Hey, Faded! We have an introductory thread in the discussion section, if you'd like to introduce yourself to everyone. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&start=7485
Not everyone checks the game subforums. Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay!

I can't add much to discussion about this game because I don't have it.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Time to forcefully push myself to finish the game. Nothing is better than a ton of post game dungeons and bosses!~

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:55 pm

So much elemental damage in the As much as this sucks, I might have to swap out my godly +99 Gunner for a Hexer since my Gunner is being worked overtime with all of these head binds.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:03 pm

178 posts

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”