EMD Rantage!

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

178 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: EMD Rantage!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:24 pm

I agree with you, though. It's jarring a bit being so used to going solo or maybe with other member, and to suddenly have a full group like this. It's probably like other eo games - possible but just bloody difficult

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 pm

For some reason only my Runemaster scaled to my Gunners level.

Must be the hats.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:14 pm

There's some sort of strangeness to how fast characters level. Barring a few solo quests way early in the game, I've always had my Protector, Medic, and Runemaster together and they're relatively close, but my Medic is seriously roughly 4-5 levels ahead (in their 40s right now).

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Fri May 01, 2015 1:50 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 01, 2015 2:19 am

I'm still gonna go with the hat theory. Both my Gunner and Runemaster are still my highest.

Anyway, I did beat the 1st boss, Runemaster made it a huge joke by stunlocking it with paralysis. I've been trying to get used to working with a party, but its less of a party and more of my Gunner leading and gunning down anything in front of her and doing all the work. I guess that works too.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Fri May 01, 2015 11:03 am

Beat the 4th dungeon! And I didn't even need a medic. I refuse to let the Sovereign buff glitch keep me from using the class. Even though it would be nice if my princess could reliably buff, you know, herself.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 01, 2015 3:11 pm

My Ninja is useless at tanking. My Dancer can dodge more attacks than she can, which is just silly. I'm really upset by this. 2nd boss he smacked her twice and killed her. My Dancer though, she dodged everything directed at her when she took over tank duty.

I think I'll swap her out for a Protector instead. Ninjas do a lot of damage though, so I might swap out the Dancer and just spec my Ninja for pure damage instead.

Fadedsun
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fadedsun » Fri May 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Say, do monster levels scale with character levels or something?
I'm grinding in the Animal Trail dungeon to prepare for dungeon 5, and it feels like it's getting harder instead of easier to get through it. I just had to use a Ariadne Thread for the first time because I was running out of HP, TP and healing items. Granted, that was with a Princess, Protector, Wanderer, Hexer team, but I'm pretty sure I did this dungeon before with a different team also without a Medic.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Fadedsun
Ragelope

Postby Fadedsun » Wed May 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 06, 2015 5:58 pm

So Links are a thing, so now my MD party is amusingly, a variant of my Link party from EO4. Just with a Gunner instead of a Nightseeker of course.

I've been debating on whether Runemaster or Ninja will be better on the 4th slot though. Both can trigger plenty of hits with Galvanic Rune and Drawing Slice respectively. Its hard choice too, since I like both designs too much =X

Ninja gets me a "tank" I guess, but honestly, my experiences with Ninja tanks has not been very good at all.

Gunner has to stay though. It'd be really dumb if I didn't use one. Ricochet seems to be the best of the rapid hitting skills anyway.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu May 07, 2015 6:32 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

Galvanic Rune is very beastly at crowd control, but its less effective the more monsters there are, since it hit rapidly, instead of hitting every monster at once. It does paralyze on top of the massive damage it deals, so it is pretty incredible. My Gunner already has crowd clearing somewhat under control though with Scattershot and Ricochet, but I suppose extra can never hurt.

I haven't had any problems with Runemaster's TP. Just don't let the AI use Galvanic Rune though. They often use it when there's only 1 enemy present, and that skill is torture on TP if you spam it at every second.

As for synergy, Trick Samba would work quite nicely with a Ninja. Runemaster brings an extra damage mod just by existing though. Though Ninjas hit so hard, it might overwrite the need for it. I suppose the easy choice would be leave everyone at a fort and have my Ninja solo everything to get the best of both worlds. I prefer having my Fort parties deal with DOEs since they have a better starting position, plus Links are practically made for making them beg for mercy anyway =/

Speaking of DOEs! Cold Watchmen resist Fire in this game not Ice. What the...!?

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 am

Seems you were right, Faded. I tried the fifth dungeon, and made it all the way through without a hitch. Even the boss was fairly easy once I figured out it was weak to fire (stands to reason, with the dungeon being snow&ice themed, but the boss has a fire attack too, which made me think volt would be its weakness).

@Maxine, In other Rogue-likes, monsters get tougher when you go deeper into a dungeon. The ones at the top are always fairly weak because you're at level 1 there. That doesn't match with my experience in Animal Trail though, which the first few times I could run through from top to bottom, but later on started having trouble even at the top. Makes sense that things are different in EMD than other MD games, because you keep your levels here instead of resetting to lvl.1 every time you leave a dungeon.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

178 posts

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”