EMD Rantage!

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

178 posts
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EMD Rantage!

Postby Kimiko » Thu May 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Double post time. This is the first EO game that I'm having so much trouble with :/

What's with these DOEs? I know you need to apply some status to even damage them, but the one from the fourth dungeon remnant quest (Furyhorn) was easy enough. Now in the fifth dungeon, it seems I can status them till the cows come home, everything just does 1hp damage. And with a Princess around, every status means a full heal that way. How do I damage Rafflesia and Icy Pincer? The latter is the one for the remnant quest. I was able to hit it for 48hp twice, with skill bind and paralysis applied, but I tried that several times, and it only worked twice, seemingly randomly. What am I missing here?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 pm

You need two statuses applied to damage larger DOEs.

It did damage when you had paralysis because that counts as a status. However, paralysis is cancelled after an attack has finished. You need to hit them with statuses that will last long enough to get the job done.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Thu May 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Sheesh..

Strange though. I'm pretty sure I had it paralyzed plus some other status (skill bind or slow) a few more times. Well, back to town for my Hexer and some more sigils and scrolls then.
Kimiko

Fadedsun
Ragelope

Postby Fadedsun » Sat May 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon May 11, 2015 10:02 pm

8-man DOE battles are terrible. My Hexer under the control of the AI, is just the worst.

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Tue May 12, 2015 1:27 am

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue May 12, 2015 2:10 am

You best give the AI child-proof classes, like the Gunner or Landsknecht. Medic worked as well. Also had surprising success with the Prince.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 12, 2015 2:54 am

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue May 12, 2015 3:28 am

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Wed May 13, 2015 5:08 am

Fadedsun
Ragelope

Postby Fadedsun » Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm convinced that playing the game solo or a two-man team is the way to go. My Ninja/Dancer team is getting the job done quite effectively. Just beat the boss on Crystalline Peaks by putting my Dancer out of range so she didn't get hurt, and kept buffing my Ninja while also using sigils to inflict status effects. The Ninja's dodge was so high that he barely ever got hit and I was able to kill the boss easily.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Beat my first DOE and cleared my first monster house in the same day, so that was cool. I feel like my party's over leveled (~23ish) for the fifth dungeon right now but that's what I get for being a quest completionist, I guess. I think I'm getting the hang of strategic fort building, although I accidentally locked myself into the most convoluted dungeon layout possible, apparently.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 13, 2015 11:15 pm

What does DOE stand for? :?
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 14, 2015 1:27 am

Since (in Japan) it means "Field On Enemy" I'm assuming "Dungeon On Enemy" but I could be COMPLETELY wrong about this.

[] - [] - [] - []

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Fri May 15, 2015 12:51 am

At first I thought there was no way to grind in this game because I couldn't figure out a way to get enough monster battles to show up. Now I figured out that if you just go up and down the stairs the monsters do come back but not always in the same rooms. Still it's a bit of a hassle as opposed to the old way of just random encounters. I'm still very new to this style of "mystery dungeon crawling" I guess I'll get used to it. I keep dying too. I love Yggdrasil Leaves though. I wish I could hoard them. I have a feeling I'll be coming to you guys like in the past for help. So many people seem to "just get it" while I struggle. I hope it's okay that I ask for help once in a while like with other games.

178 posts

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”