EMD Rantage!

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

178 posts
Fadedsun
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EMD Rantage!

Postby Fadedsun » Fri May 15, 2015 5:01 pm

If you run around in the same zone for a while monsters will regenerate. You don't need to take any stairs and return. It hasn't happened to me, but I've heard something happens if you stay on a floor too long, though. So far, I haven't found a reason to grind yet. Characters I don't use level up quickly when placed in forts, and my characters level up fairly evenly just going through the main dungeons and taking quests here and there.

Fadedsun
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fadedsun » Tue May 19, 2015 4:47 pm

The Torrential Ravine was a nightmare using only a Ninja and a Dancer. I had to go for a couple rescue missions due to those pesky rabbits using that lightning storm spell. It could dish out at least 8 hits, and in the later floors it was doing as much as 60 damage per hit if it did hit at all! Luckily the Ninja and Dancer both have amazing dodge capabilities.

I believe I'm on the final dungeon of the game now. The quests have piled up. I don't find doing quests in this game nearly as exciting as a standard EO game and the rewards are always meh.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Why does my Protector in the active party (and as a leader!) level up almost as slow as the guys at home/in a fort? >_>

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Yeah, mine is slow to level up too, but she's unkillable, so I don't mind much :)

I'm at the 6th dungeon, played all the week-end, love the game so far. I just hope the post-game content is quite big, since the main story seems to advance very fast.

So far my main exploration team is Dancer/Protector/Gunner/Hexer. Got a secondary team Ninja/Landsknecht/Runemaster/Medic that I keep in forts for DOEs.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:20 am

My main team is Protector/Gunner/Runemaster/Medic. Pretty straightforward and effective until now, which is mostly due to Provoke and the ability to attack from corridors. :D
The boss fight on the 4th Dungeon was pretty long, because I decided to go in with a little less than half TP on my R and G. But nevermind, the Medic was full and the Protector too, so my Runemaster switched to throwing scrolls on the boss after her TP were depleted.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Picking this game back up. What was the best status ailment inflection for DOEs? I know like Paralysis (or was it sleep?) went away after just one hit. Poison counts, right? I tried to go through the old posts but it was all very confusing, haha

[] - [] - [] - []

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Well, it depends on DOEs I think. From what I've seen so far, Paralysis works pretty much everytime but lasts only for one hit, so it's not reliable. Poison and Binds count as ailments to break their "barrier", but their application depends on DOEs resistance (some seemed impossible to poison even with maxed Poison Curse). Fear doesn't work much either.

I didn't test much Confusion out, so I cannot say for this one. But I would say Poison, Binds and Confusion would probably be the most reliable ailments, except for when the DOE is immune.

EDIT : I don't know if I'm just mistaken, but it seemed that the Landsknecht Link skills counted as ailments to break the DOE's resistance. Is someone could confirm this or not...

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:41 am

Finished the 6th dungeon at last ! That was sooo long... Boss fight was really too easy (dunno why but it kept charging into the wall once I'd put it in a corner), my Protector just tanks absolutely anything the boss throws at my team once she used Provoke + Cover.

Managed my way into the 7th after some plot scenes, and OMG DAT MUSIC <3<3<3

Note : if she wasn't so useful against DOEs and monster houses, I would probably drop my Hexer for a Runemaster or another ranged attack class. She feels so useless outside those moments where she can use her curses to disable an entire room. I thought for a while I could make use of Revenge and Pain Storm (the room-wide Revenge), but she never takes any damage as long as she remains with my Protector and my Dancer. I don't know how you could make use of those skills in this game...

Current runs:

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Current runs:

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Ugh. Oh well, we'll just have to live with this strange AI I guess. Sometimes my Medic absolutely forgets how to heal low HP teammates...

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:46 pm

B-but retreat is not in the adventurer's code book!

[] - [] - [] - []

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 am

I can confirm that Link skills count as ailments on DOEs.
Just tested that on a in the 7th dungeon, I only had my secondary team and I couldn't put it to sleep with my Medic or my Ninja. So after a few turns with its legs binded by my Ninja and paralyzed by my Runemaster each turn, I finally landed a Link on it and its "barrier" broke. It was a piece of cake after that, just spammed Galvanic Rune with the Runemaster.

Hope I get to the bottom of the 7th dungeon soon...

Current runs:

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:19 pm

The 7th dungeon is pretty long. For the first time in my playthrough, I have reached the maximum amount of forts in a dungeon and had to destroy some of the first ones. is an easier DOE than I thought btw. Then again, my Protector has been pretty overpowered so far. Provoke not even once failed to pull everything's aggro in a room.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 am

Finished the 7th dungeon and the main story! But...

Well, nevertheless, I started post game content, probably going after the . I hope they offer a good challenge.

Current runs:

178 posts

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”