What just happened. [Interesting btw]

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Itaan
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What just happened. [Interesting btw]

Postby Itaan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:57 am

I'm not too sure what level party is recommended for the 4th dungeon, but it was my first trip in.
Basically I knew I had to reach the bottom because . . that was the mission. Ideally, I was hoping it would be some sort of research thing you'd have to do and then leave before engaging in a boss battle. Well uhm.

I'll try not to leave any spoilers other than there being a 4th dungeon and things.

I encounter my first which was literally a which had me involuntarily laughing at the pun-intended. I had a Hexer that had it running in circles thankfully. My lower leveled chars I threw at my fort managed to put it down.

My main troop was down much lower when I got another blip of a .

Haha I had to flee from that thing, I yoloed and didn't bring any Elemental dmg dealers. So I went lower, almost getting butchered by

And noticed it was now ascending to my fort . . . Which I remember have even less of a chance of fighting it off.

So I panicked as usual in these games and thought that the only solution to stop the beast was to go ahead and finish my investigation. (In hopes that there would be some instance that would bring me to town for some story-related happenstance.)

I rushed through trying to evade monsters that could kill off my party in ~2-3 turns. Which was

Lvl 15
Lvl 16 Dancer
Lvl 17
Lvl 17

So . .
I reach the hole leading to the final room, and the

Was still safely three rooms away from my fort. Whewww.

Down the chute, and Hahaha .

, I didn't catch the name, so there's no way I could at least look it up. I did try! D:

So uhh, Basically all my party members were out of TP

But I did have two Amritas, so I drop them in my Dancer and kept Fresh and Guard dances going. Had my two directly in front of the beast. And my two the side sort of like:

__BOS__
__SSS__
_123___
__4____

So that a frontile attack would spare my

Basically just repeated normal attacks, tried binds, other things, but it seemed to have complete resistance to some things.

But I was finally running low on TP for my dances when suddenly it died.

aaa

Was this just an easy boss? Or was a dancer just too OP for it?

Either way I'm kinda very happy and I'd say a dancer would be the best choice to bring into the

Thanks for reading and I also hope this helps you in your adventure. ouo

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: What just happened. [Interesting btw]

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Here at ItL I think we've given up the idea of making classes a spoiler because they just aren't, even in the 4th game I think we sorta gave up the practice. It's just too hard to talk strategy and half the time most people want this spoiled so they can prepare a strategy.

And I think the consensus so far is that DOEs are not considered a spoiler. I think they appear close enough to beginning of the game PLUS they are in so many youtube trailers and walkthroughs released by Atlus. The only thing that would be a spoiler is "the type" of DOE. Like names of DOEs or anything like that.

^_^ For future reference and I think I"m going to make a post about it.

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:06 pm

I Think you're pretty much spot on with that, Maxine. Classes are pretty much unlocked from the very start. and if you got a physical copy, im preeeetty sure you got the art book that even shows all the classes.
even bosses should be ok so long as theyre vague. something like "The 19th boss" wouldnt tell anyone much who hasnt played much at all except.... that theres 19 bosses. (just an example. i have no clue how many bosses there are, im actually behind Itaan here)

Oh, and Itaan, You can use the "Hide" command rather than the "Spoiler" command for single words/ short sentences. it wont clog up your post as much.
not to sound rude or anything. just bringing it up if ya didnt know! :D

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:40 pm

^ Agreed with everything

[] - [] - [] - []

Itaan
Ragelope

Postby Itaan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 am

I know but . .

D;

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:00 am

I WAS JUST SAYING!!! ;~;

I'm sorry. Don't hate me please... I didn't mean it!

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”