Rules on Spoilers (and what's not a spoil)

Discuss the first spin off EO game crossed with Mystery Dungeon.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Rules on Spoilers (and what's not a spoil)

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Let's clear the air here because I've noticed in quite a few topics and posts that people seem conflicted and I think I myself am tired of dancing around the topic. If anyone has a problem with any of the below things, feel free to speak up and we'll discuss!

Please place the following in our spoiler or hide tags:
- Names of bosses, or any miniboss, or anything that is non-common monster related.
- Storyline events.
- Storyline characters that show up late in the game.

And these are not considered a spoiler:
- Class names. All classes open up after the first few dungeons and I think it's safe to say that after even the fourth dungeon can be considered still early stages of the game. Besides it's too hard to talk strategy and have decent conversations. Let's face it, most people that come onto the forum are looking to talk about these anyways.
- DOEs. I'm calling them non-spoiler. They are in some Atlus videos even. Besides, I think this is the main crux of the game. Also they appear early enough in my opinion. It's like trying to hide the fact that there are bosses in the game. Plus, again, I don't want to ruin the flow of conversation.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hong
Manticor

Re: Rules on Spoilers (and what's not a spoil)

Postby Hong » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:33 pm

You're on fire, Maxine!

The manual for this game not only details you on all the classes, but you literally get them one dungeon after the tutorial, so I agree it's not worth spoiling. DOE as well are basically the series staple FOE given form proper for the game's systems.

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 pm

I try not to spoil too much... though most of my fun comes from "theory-crafting", and therefor testing out class abilities and how they work/synergize/etc. with others Lord knows I clogged up the EO3 forums with that...

I know the book shows the classes and their skills trees, but gives no explanations. and even some skill texts in-game are quite misleading...
However, would there be any issues if I continue "ranting" about things i find silly or awesome on that front?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:35 pm

^_^ The EMD "Rantage" thread is called that for that specific reason. You can "rant" about anything. One of the wonderful things about all the EO games is that there are so many things to rant about - including our own characters in our heads (I love when people make a post about something that happened from the viewpoint of the character like a fan faic), along with all of the wonderful skills and explanations.

Honestly in terms of finding errors and things that are misleading I find that interesting too and very informative (and hillarious). Fluff, I've never seen anything in your posts that I've ever felt was way out there.

Seriously, does it feel like we have that sort of a rule book here on the forums. I'm too loose to even care, haha.

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:20 pm

perhaps, once i actually play all the classes/get them beyond level 20, i'll make a thread about how the skills work. the only one i feel comfortable with even talking about is Sovereign(admittedly because it has the most "wrong" with it), and even then, i havent even played with their "Arms" skill, or their "cleanse" skills to remove X buff for X benefit.

I would at once point like to put up something to that effect. little tricks and synergies classes can pull off. or point out things classes are good at/weak to.or applications of class abilities that arent immediately apparent. things like that for other people.

but yknow. im going through it slow, plus the game is new. im SURE someone will beat me to it elsewhere. or will become outdated once a skill calc makes the rounds

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Mystery Dungeon”