EOX Rantage

Discuss Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

107 posts
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOX Rantage

Postby heprea » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:39 am

Mole-chan I....

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Hrrrm, yeah, Landy is the only other elemental damager, so I can see the synergy working out in your group, zam.

Poison is fun and I thought about that but like you stated haprea, not many classes have access to it early on. Hrrrm, I'm hoping that this is just an early run problem and maybe I'm hoping for too much out of my group this early in the game. But I do seem to be lacking ental and the few trips I've done with the few gathering points I've opened up has not helped boost that, but then I have 3 who can learn chop, one take, and one mine. XD My group is not healthy in that respect. I might create a Farmer for Gathering Runs.

[] - [] - [] - []

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Hey! It's been a while since I've come here! Got Nexus on the 5th, and I have a hard time not playing it when I have some time XD I'm feeling like I'm starting to lack some sleep as well...

I went with my favorite classes, and built my team around. It resulted in:

War Magus - Highlander - Imperial
Harbinger - Ninja

That's basically an ailment+burst team, it works quite well, except when enemies are resistant/immune to petrify... Harbinger and Ninja feel really SP expensive to work with, they have two kinds of play style from the start but you can't really invest in both without hurting their efficency in a way or another (debuff/healing VS ailments for Harbinger and dodge VS ailments for Ninja). Hopefully this will improve with time (and subclasses!).

I'm now around level 34 and just unlocked the third "island" of the world map (6th main labyrinth). I'm having a blast, I really love the nostalgia feel of the labyrinths and how the game still manages to surprise you in familiar territory ().
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:31 pm

You guys are all leaving me behind T-T sigh. LOL. First off, I agree. I absolutely adore this game. They did such an amazing job on it.

I've not tried putting points into the Frigid attack for my Hero. I was actually thinking of not doing that since my Zodiac would be handling the elemental damage, but I'm seriously contemplating dumping my Zodiac. I'm not happy with the magic output and the TP consumption. I think I want an ailment-attacker of some sort or a Survivalist. I feel like after meeting some rollers that the enemies have been balanced enough that an elementalist isn't that required and that there are other ways to compensate, esp after hearing you guys talking about your play throughs.

Still on the fence. But I might be swapping him out and keeping him in reserve.

[] - [] - [] - []

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:22 pm

I by no means am a min/maxer, and nor have I tested extensively any of the classes, but I have heard that zodiac is unfortunately lower-tier in at least the first few strata. Probaby for the TP problems most the the magi and elementalists tend to be known for.

I'll bring him back into an element-focused party later. Once I get all of my guildies to 40 for that master ranking I'll start really messing around with layouts and subclasses and synergy parties :D. At least, I hope I have subclasses by 40. I really don't know when I'll get that, but that's ok I'm still having a blast.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 pm

I think that Zodiacs have been balanced around having Sovereign and their new Arm skills in the game. Even in their original game, their damage was subpar, and they were more utilitary mages than blasters (compared to Runemasters or Warlocks). Meteor looks absurd, but it's a lategame skill. They should be fine with a Sovereign around to boost them, but by themselves they really don't look too great in terms of numbers.

And I wouldn't have hopes for subclasses too soon ^^" I started the 7th labyrinth during lunch break, my team is 42, and still no subclass available... At least I've unlocked the last part of the skill tree, which feels great <3
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:42 pm

So B3F of the 3rd Labyrinth:

I do love how my Farmer has kind of transitioned into the Oprah of TP. "You get TP, you get TP, and you get TP!". She's kind of like a perpetual TP battery.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 am

Mole-chan I....

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 am

Swapped out my Zodiac for a Survivalist and put in points for the Flame arrows and gave my Hero the Frigid Splash skill. I have no regrets dumping my Zodiac. Damage output has been maximized and dungeon dives are now longer and I gain more. I'm very happy with the team's synergy now.

LOL Sigma. I actually thought about putting a Farmer in that spot in the backrow but I already have a non-fighting Medic so I didn't want another non-fighter. The buffs looked nice. I might do a game later on with a party that does more buffs. The Sovereign looked appealing but I wasn't sold.

[] - [] - [] - []

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Just had my first "won boss on my first try" moment. I believe I was extremely lucky in that fight managed to proc few low% binds(from weapons) on it and they all lasted for very long time, so even with my derpy team I managed to actually deal plenty of damage to it before it was able to do anything to. :D

This boss was

Now that I think about it I have not mentioned my full team anywhere... so here it is:

Fronline: Hero | Protector |
Backline: Medic | Zodiac | Princess

Gonna give those Princess "arms" skills a try and see if they can make my Zodiac stronger. :D It seems like Zodaics damage dealing is currently in some kind of "meme" state. ^^;

Mole-chan I....

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Still on labyrinth 4.5, I really like the climbing mechanic in there! Utilizing the verticle is always so refreshing in a first-person dungeon crawler like this one.

I had money left over from a gift so I got that exp bonus DLC... Like man, that is bordering on broken if you take the repeatable and stupid easy quest into consideration as well- as many exp+ equips, exp+ items, and outrageous exp on quest completion (based on how far you are, I gather). If you just do the once and grab your item it's not so bad, just a touch less grindy despite going from level 6-15 on that one quest completion lmao. It IS really great for playing catchup with a party though. Going to utilize it for my gathering party tbh. When I don't get home till 5 and still have adulting to do, makes it hard to dedicate so much time to the grind anymore :(

This one is so fun. I can't wait to actually play again tonight since I spent all my free time last night scanning QR codes. Lol. I told my husbad he doesn't even need to get me chocolate since this was such a great early Valentine's Day gift :lol:

107 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Nexus”