EOX Rantage

Discuss Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

107 posts
bananarama
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOX Rantage

Postby bananarama » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Ive been trying to run a Landy, Shog, WarM, Nin, Zodiac party as my second team and it seems like this party doesnt do too well until they get access to all skills and are at least level 40+ -_-.

Really dont like the skill gating they been implementing since EO4. I think I may replace the Landy and Shogun with a Ronin and Highlander since both Landy and Sho are just so underwhelming and lame at this point.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Shogun is actually one of the better early game classes; but you really need a Sovereign for them to actually shine since they really want the elemental arms.

For early game Front Command, Echoing Slash and Great Warrior get the job done quite nicely.

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:00 am

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Got the game on Wednesday and oh boy, is it just me or is it tough as bone especially in the beginning (playing on Heroic, but still)? Started my aforementioned Link party which is slowly doing better (eats TP like chocolate).
Currently at the end of the 3rd labyrinth.

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:15 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:58 pm

After trying without success on the true final boss with my ailment team, I finally said "f**** this" and started a new run with another team. Also my boyfriend started the game, so we're kinda do our runs together.

I'm running Protector/Shogun/Landsknecht - Sovereign/Gunner, and I've set myself a rule: I shall not under any circumstances apply ailments or binds on enemies. Stuns and full protection immunities are fine, but that's it.

So the team is level 28, starting the Southern Sanctuary:

Some of my boss rundown this far:

@bananarama: I'm actually really fan of my Landy and Shogun so far, but they need some support to work well in early game. Shogun direct damage is kinda low before Veteran level, but their commands are actually really strong. I feel like they NEED a Sovereign to work well, though.
Landy's links suck until late game when you can invest in the full package, but oh boy, their shield skills are really useful and a Break-charged Double Strike can remove a third to half of a boss HP pool. Both Falcon Slash and Double Strike can be buffed by a Sovereign arms skills.
Landy is bulky enough to receive Great Warrior and take hits for Front Command to work. I also use a Protector alongside them, but attack debuffs or defense buffs can be enough to survive hits.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:08 pm

French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 pm

I still standby what I said about War Magus. Their problems in this team are intricately linked to a lack of a dedicated status-inducing class. I've somewhat fixed their status infliction problems by subbing them as a Nightseeker. I've given up on them using Artery and now have opted for War Response. Though I rarely use it in Boss/FOE fights due to them being busy doing other things. However, it can be nice in some random battles where I know the fight might drag out.

I have gone about seeing how well the game can be broken with the Imperial's ultimate weapon. After the 10th Labyrinth I went back to for their conditional drop to start the process. The Imperial is now a wrecking ball. For example, :

L1 Charge Edge -> Accel Drive = 11.5k damage (basically one-third of health)

This was with the Imperial lacking both Attack Order (L3) and Bravant. The reason I list Attack Order is because I subbed my Protector as a Sovereign. Been working semi-decently for both Zodiac and Imperial due to their Ether Shot and Natural Edge skills. Anyways, a comparison to both my Gunner and Zodiac:

Charged Volt w/ Vanguard = 2k
Multi-Strike Ether -> FBst:Meteor = 2k (on average)

It is worth mentioning that I did forget to buff the Gunner with Etheric Gleam. Lastly, the raw damage that the Imperial output by spamming FBst:Accel Drive on was around 6k+. Never really got the opportunity to do that on .

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Haven't started playing yet, but based on what the reviews said, I got the feeling that Nexus offered the best things from all the games, but I'm really disappointed in the classes. There have been so many good and interesting class options throughout the series, and yet Atlus let the players vote on which classes to include, and so we got FARMER (SERIOUSLY???), Shogun and other boring classes, while we didn't get neither Beast, Troubadour, Dancer, Bushi nor other really good classes.

This annoys the hell out of me.

Also disappointed with most of the character portraits. There has been lots of better ones throughout the series.

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I just realized that Gunner has lost all three cheap elemental attacks...that throws in a major stick in my thought wheel. Damn you, Atlus, damn you and your nerfing...

Okay, so no Gunner then, I guess. *goes back to filling in my extensive Excel sheet of skills and stats*

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 15, 2019 3:55 pm

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:38 am

I just yesterday. I'm actually disappointed. I thought there would be more to them.

Thanks for providing guild cards with the mystery teaser, guys! Laying the groundwork for basics like myself.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:40 pm

107 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Nexus”