EOX Rantage

Discuss Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

107 posts
Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOX Rantage

Postby Dangerus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:04 am

So I finally started playing this game and I am stuck on . I may need to swap out my party but I don't know who needs to leave yet.

Roster so far:
Hero - Highlander - Imperial
Sovereign - Shogun

As for storytelling so far, it really feels busier compared to EOV (in a good way). I am flashing back to EOIV and EOIII for obvious reasons. I do not remember being so attached to the characters in EOV outside of maybe Syrik and now I am just happy to have my emotional support Wiglaf as well as Marco and Oliver.

I am playing it at the Basic difficulty but it already felt harder than EOV and EOIV combined (more like EOIII in difficulty?) Or maybe I am dumb. Regardless, I feel like the difficulty helped my attachment better.

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:44 am

Which level are you? This boss is not too hard as long as you do not attack him on turns that are a multiple of 5, that's when he uses his counter move (or bind his arms first). Make sure to kill/disable the adds he summons so they stop healing him. In Basic, outside of his counter move, he barely does any damage at all.

For your team, your main issue is probably a lack of a way to protect your Imperial. They are insanely strong, but they take x2 damage while they are charging their Drive skills. In your place, I'll replace the Shogun with something that can land binds or ailments (Gunner, Ninja or Arcanist are all good back row options), so your Imperial is safe.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Just beat the . Was a bit worried since Galvanic Bolt on turn 2 took out nearly all my Hero's HP, but he didn't seem to use it after that. Was a pretty straightforward fight otherwise. Being weak to ice made him pretty easy to wear down between my Hero and my Nightseeker. Probably also helped that he was in love with spamming Tail Sweep, so a quick Leg Bind shut him down for most of the fight.

Just glad to get that labyrinth out of the way. Was never really my favourite since its inception... and the return of those horrible palm trees weren't helping either.

EDIT: are still a sorry excuse of an FOE. Some things never change~

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 am

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Blazed through the 6th Labyrinth pretty fast. In a way, I'm kind of glad that it happened because I just wasn't really feeling the aesthetic this time. Don't know if it's just me being tired of seeing it now or something else like the re-redesign of the map. The boss themselves was actually really easy for this party; the Highlander just kind of obliterated it.

I've been finding myself not using Charge Image in the manner that I've been wanting to use it in. At the moment, part of me is contemplating a rest on the character whenever I get subclasses unlocked.

Also, Harvest Festival, while can be good, does not seem to be as good as Bind Cut was in EO3. Don't know if this due to the Farmer's STR value or if it's just me refusing to upgrade their weapon with what little crap there is available to them at the moment. Of which, I've been kind of irked on constantly seeing Driveblades unlock, but not many decent weapons for this party. As an example, the Hero is still using the 3rd Labyrinth boss drop... They're in the freaking 7th Labyrinth!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:44 am

Only in Etrian Odyssey will you find raccoons that can turn into pineapples which instantly kill you.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:19 am

Hi hi! I just recently defeated and just now traversing through the Primitive Jungle and the Giant Ruins.

I used a Harbinger instead of my Shogun. They have a Yggdroid portrait so I named them 'REAPER-02'. REAPER-02 saved me so much time, but I quickly switched back to my Shogun because their ressurection-based shenanigans might help me in the future.

I don't know if it was because I have most of my characters in their early 20's or what, but the were some hard work. No joke, they drain TP REALLY FAST. I am kind of scared of that awaiting me inside there. In other news, any major warnings for what are in the Primitive Jungle?

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:46 pm

This game is reaaaaaaally long... Reached the 12th labyrinth, at level 75 (this feels extremely weird, as at this stage I'm usually in post-game stuff, killing dragons).

Spoilers below (and some 11th labyrinth boss rant):

French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:36 pm

*Opens a chest*
NPC: "So about that thing"
Me: "Umm, could we not have this conversation at this particular spot!"
*FOE standing directly next to us*

Harvest Festival has been hitting better since the Farmer got their weapon upgraded (albeit short lived). With it at 9 SP, it's been fairly consistent at inflicting Instant Death in random battles. I did have one instance of it happening on a FOE. Theoretically, it shouldn't have given that the FOE was resistant to it, but I'll take it. Been contemplating maxing it, but am hesitant over the increased 10 TP.

Unlocked subclass and these are the ones I've settled on and am uncertain on:

Due to that subclass jaunt, part of me is already theorycrafting different runs now. As an example, a front row consisting of a Hero, Protector, and Landsknecht mainly focused on using their shield skills for damage. Haven't a clue as to what would be in the back row.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:19 am

Beat the 5th and 6th labyrinths. The 5th labyrinth's gimmick was pretty cool, shame it didn't have too many new enemies. Other than like 3 enemies the rest are carryovers from 2 and 5. was great both aesthetically and mechanically. He wasn't too difficult though, though it did remind me that I probably should've gotten Prevent Order on my Princess.

is the worst. Absolutely hated him and his FOE friends. He wasn't dangerous at all but he stalled out the fight so often that it took so long to even kill him.

was surprisingly difficult. She carries over her pattern from so she is a lot less straightforward than the other bosses. Most of the difficulty though was landing an ailment to even be able to burst her down. I was level 38 when I fought her so I didn't have either Miasma Wall or Venom Throw. Both of those would've probably made the fight a joke.

107 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Nexus”