EOX Rantage

Discuss Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

107 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOX Rantage

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:34 am

Finished the 13th labyrinth. Glad I picked that Zodiac sub with all the elemental attacks being thrown around the place.

was pretty easy. He hits hard, but nothing unmanageable. The tail slap is his most dangerous move but Guard Rush took care of it quite nicely while dealing excellent damage in return since Pain Shield is ridiculous.

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:48 am

One thing that I've noticed with the re-balanced EO5 Forge system is that I found myself never using the Ingots. The reason for why this happened to me is that the weapons gained from FOE/Boss drops usually can't be upgraded. Meanwhile, the random monster drops were, for the most part, very plentiful in their actual rate (at least for the weapons I've been purchasing/upgrading).

As an example of my surplus Ingots: 12 Bronze, 8 Silver, and 7 Gold.

13th Labyrinth finished:

Now it's time to break the rest of the game with those weapon unlocks. The highest Ental run, from the side Farmer team (and their first actual use), at the moment is 359K (using 3 gather spots in the 14th Labyrinth).

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 am

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:44 am

I've started the post-game, but I've yet to set foot in the 14th labyrinth. Instead I went to the Frigid Lake and Illusory Woods (because I'm a weird player that prefer side-questing than finishing the main story XD).

I killed at level 93, probably waaaay too underleveled since I had to use Ice Mist to survive her ice attacks. Having the ultimate weapons on my Imperial and my Highlander probably helped a lot. Knowing her patterns helped too, I think.

Managed to kill one of the in Illusory Woods, but I found out they repop... So back to puzzle shenanigans, I guess. They nearly one-shot everyone with their fire spell, and without my Ninja's Force Break they are pretty much impossible to kill.

I'll start the 14th labyrinth today, I need money to stuff the rest of the team and have two quests asking me stuff from it, so I guess I can no longer avoid going there anymore x)
And I probably won't unlock the level cap unless I go there...
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Finished the . Absolutely terrible place to explore thanks to the , which have reverted back to their original EO2 counterparts. This means they're immune to basically everything but almighty or untyped damage. They're pretty annoying to avoid too since they hound you throughout the entire area. The enemies are slightly annoying too since the can inflict instant death or fully bind the party. The have reverted back to their original EO2 counterparts as well, so they're much easier than they were in EO2U but still pretty dangerous.

is back to serve as the boss here... which completes the entire roll call of EO2 bosses except . Geez.

He's exactly the same as he was in EO2U... which actually does make him quite difficult since I have no Sentinel Guard to save me this time~! He wasn't too bad though, I binded his legs to stop him from using King's Rush and nabbed his conditional too.

Also beat up the Great Dragon. Definitely the hardest of the big 3 because I went in with glass cannon equips on everyone but my Harbinger and Princess. Guard Rush wasn't enough for my Gunner to live through Searing either so I had to use Fire Prophecy on it. Most of the difficulty came from using a Formaldehyde on him otherwise. My Nightseeker is too fast, so having her hold back on offence made things very messy.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Just finished Illusory Woods as well, and I still don't know how I managed to kill at level 104... Like his EO2U version, this thing has bloated HP and hits like a truck.
I guess I owe everything to my Ninja once again. She's the luckiest girl ever, managed to confuse, sleep and petrify in succession, even though the boss is resistant... Didn't got the conditional, though, wasn't lucky on binds and I forgot to bring my Formaldehydes ^^"

were much easier compared to it. They have way less HP, and a single Strength Slash is enough to take nearly nothing from their elemental breaths.

Also, I , because who wouldn't? Forgot that I only had one Ariadne Thread left... Dreadest backtracking ever XD

Back to explore the final maze ^^
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:02 pm

Finally reached the . She's quite annoying, her ailment resistance is pretty high and she can freely use a move that removes all buffs and debuffs at the end of each of her turns. Her HP and damage output is also ridiculous, though that might her level modifier at play, I'm still around level 110 when she's pretty much guaranteed to be a level 130 enemy.

I'll grind a bit and give her serious run once I hit 130. Not being able to land ailments makes my party flounder so the extra LUC will help.

Would definitely recommend Prophecies btw. Her elemental attacks do upwards to 1000 damage. Eugh.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Made it to the Superboss, don't know if I have it in me to even want to attempt this with this particular party. At multiple attempts, it's just that I doubt it will improve all that much with 14 more levels (maybe I'm wrong). As of now, my Hero using a maxed Elemental Shield on the first turn goes into a party wipe. If the boss ever randomizes this element (circumventing Zodiac sub on my Sovereign), it will be a guaranteed wipe. Then on their physical attack turns, if I don't run Physical Shield it's another guaranteed wipe if they do a party wide attack.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Yeah I'm noticing a trend with both her and the other superboss. For some reason their physical attacks are basically impossible to survive unmitigated. Though is much worse.

Worth noting she always opens up with her fire elemental attack during the day. Just like with Ur-Child, do not fight her at night or her pattern will be random. She follows up her phase changes with ice for 75% and volt for 50%. Otherwise she rotates her elemental pattern.

I did beat her but it wasn't a noble win. I abused the fact she uses Undead Regen upon taking a certain amount of damage and just loaded everyone with Act Speed lowering gear so it resolves before my party attacks. I'll probably give her a fair try once I'm done with the other superboss.

Speaking of which, is a much fairer fight, though still rather difficult. He has more HP than the but he doesn't have that annoying buff and debuff removal. He hits like a fright train though; I need Arm Bind in order to live through most of his attacks. Funnily enough his tail swipe is the easiest attack to deal with since Guard Rush + Arm Bind or Physical Shield + Final Decree are enough to survive.

I haven't beaten him yet but I've gotten very close. I did change my Gunners sub to Lands just so I can give her the Hildebrand shield. Gunner is just way too damn squishy, even from the back.

Also while not a boss per se, I did also beat the . Just like EO2 and EO2U, he is basically a boss in disguise. This game has a lot more ways to deal with him though. I bound his head so he would spam Frolic and just spammed Miasma Wall over and over until he was dead.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 am

Wait. What?

Anyway, I may need a map of the Southern Shrine. Specifically on the Second Floor, because I feel like I am running in circles.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:10 am

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:30 am

Started up another file (for when I listen to podcasts), this run is that theorycrafted Imperial team I had in mind: Imperial, Protector, War Magus -- Gunner, Zodiac

I had transitioned the main save to the SD card and proceeded to use the Delete Data option (to wipe out the level cap unlock). Much to my surprise, after defeating , they fixed the issue in 5 from Delete Data. Whereby any scanned Gulid Cards would get wiped upon selecting it.

107 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Nexus”