Team setups

Discuss Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Daige
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Team setups

Postby Daige » Mon May 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Might as well have a topic that focuses on which teams people use, yes?

As for me, I still haven't started playing yet, because my friend (who is a BIG fan of EO) insists that I kill the final boss in Untold 2 before I start on Nexus (I have a reaaally bad habit of not finishing games before I start new ones).

So as of now, I'm still just reading about the classes and pondering which ones to use. Of course I will make at least one of each class, because Memory Conch and subclassing, but I will probably try to find a quite solid team to start with. I'll probably look for multi-target attacks, elemental attacks and binds and...well, "I want it all" (as Queen put it). But early access to very useful stuff. I'm definitely not one to be patient and saving up points to get powerful stuff later, I want good things NOW. So I guess that puts Gunner in a quite high priority.

Protector and Medic is always solid. War Magus feels a little too nerfed this time around (I played Untold 2 in story mode, so I had to use War Magus the whole time there). I will probably use Sovereign, since it was good before and even better now. Not so sure on Zodiac, actually...maybe Gunner will suffice. Landsknecht and Nightseeker are viable choices for me, as is Arcanist, Imperial, Pugilist and Harbinger. I definitely want to inflict binds and ailments. Not too interested in Hero at the moment, but I might change my mind.

So what about you, how does your team (or teams) look and how satisfied are you with them? Let's hear some opinions! 8)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Team setups

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 14, 2019 12:20 am

I haven't jumped back into the game yet, since I'm still trying to decide over what my next team will probably be. Probably will try and involve Ninja at least; I love my ailments.

My first run ended as Hero/Imperial, Nightseeker/Landsknect, Sovereign/Zodiac, Harbinger/Highlander and Gunner/Ronin. Its probably the most cookie cutter party in all honesty, but I liked everyone bar the Hero who felt blatantly overpowered so...

If you're willing to dedicate two party slots to them; I honestly feel Sovereign and Harbinger form the most powerful "support core" in the game. Those two alone have answers to basically everything.

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Tue May 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 15, 2019 5:13 am

Daige
Ragelope

Postby Daige » Wed May 15, 2019 7:35 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 pm

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sun May 19, 2019 6:11 pm

I suppose every bit helps, but Royal Dignity is what keeps my Sovereign's Royal Veil ticking, staying on the back line helps, too. I would still max out both abilities if I put my prince on the front line, they don't cost much SP.

From what I've seen, Royal Dignity's heal subtracts damage before the number is applied to the character, so an otherwise killing blow that doesn't exceed the heal won't kill the Sovereign. Like bonus health refreshing every turn.

YakForger
Ragelope

Postby YakForger » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks guys, I'm a bit lost with all of the possibilities as I'm discovering the game, I'll give your setups a try and will tell you which one I found best!

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:05 am

Please do, I would like to hear it. Plus from not knowing how any of the classes from the interim games came about, your perspective will be a bit different.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Yeah I didn't play enough of EOX (or EOV for that matter) but my party choice in EOX was more of a greatest hits of my favorite class portraits with classes that made sense for the portraits first, and a perfect party second.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Nexus”