Random Debate Topics

Discuss serious topics. No trolls permitted!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed May 26, 2010 12:06 am

Pretty much.

[spoiler]I just lived within a debate for like 3 years so it's weird seeing a pro-Windows argument, albeit flawed, being the majority. It's very perplexing.[/spoiler]

There's a few technical grievances which are rather major, however; those really should be what makes-or-breaks the OS decision. Small things like the interface (which is customizable, anyway, for all OS) are irrelevant really.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 26, 2010 2:47 am

[] - [] - [] - []

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KitsuAccalia » Thu May 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Now that i have seen what you guys think about that.
Where do you stand on downloading (Music specifically) from a moral perspective, per say, you already own the CD and you want to put it on an ipod. right? but you would need to re-purchase the item in this case. would you be for downloading the item from whatever source since you already have ownership over said item?

I myself would be for it in this case since if i am not mistaken as long as you have ownership of an item your free to do as you please as long as you don't re-distribute it in any way.
right?
Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu May 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Despite popular belief, you are not entitled to do whatever you want with it just because you own the CD. That said, I've not studied law so I'm not even going to try to touch the legal part of this argument outside of pointing out this misconception.

[spoiler]Incidentally, this extends to ROMs too--just because you own the original does not make it any less illegal to have them.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I must question why you "need" to re-purchase the item if you have the CD. You can just rip it from the CD itself.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KitsuAccalia » Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

20 posts

Return to “Debate & Serious Topics”