Sexism Against Men

Discuss serious topics. No trolls permitted!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

153 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: Sexism Against Men

Postby noodles » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:50 pm

yeah but you mean mandatory military service more as a way of instilling discipline and perspective in someone right, not as a way of fighting a war.

i would agree but almost every person i know who joined the military came back as a huge jerkwad

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:05 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:26 pm

no one is saying anything about what's right, or anything about YOU. i'm saying what usually happens. you've taken what seems to be personal offense to numbers before and you need to get over that if you want to have an unbiased debate.

i'm planning on adopting too.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Then let me say something about what's right. It's right for a father to have as much a hand in raising his children as a mother does. I'm sick of laws and conventions that deny that to fathers, and I am terrified because some day I might be such a father that those laws and conventions affect.

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:13 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 am

:(

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 am

I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't know how a girl would go about it (In reference to the photo links). I do realize that a man there mentioned a step-dad, which totally changes how it was ... gone about. I'm sad for those men. No one hears about them when things like that happen, and that's not fair.
Sexism happens in both directions, just in different ways.
Either way, however it happened, no one deserves that. Ever.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 am

To explain it in simple terms, men have no more control over getting hard than women do over getting wet. Men are also just as vulnerable to being socially coerced into having sex that they do not want.

If you need an example, there is a female-on-male rape in Wedding Crashers. It's played for laughs, which is really fucking creepy, but it's there.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 am

Garrett, I think she was just confused about the logistics.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 am

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:17 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:01 am

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 am

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Whilst not in the same league by far, the below article is a pure example of sexism against men that's socially totally OK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... y-him.html

[ | | | | ]

153 posts

Return to “Debate & Serious Topics”