Abortion

Discuss serious topics. No trolls permitted!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:02 am

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:50 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:55 am

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:56 am

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Well that's quite unusual for me to make my first post on a new board in a Debate section but well, why not.

Prior to develop my thought on this subject, i must warn you that i'm french and that english isn't my mother language so i hope i won't do some stupids mistakes in explaining my opinion or mispell too much words. If there is anything wrong, just tell me and i'll try to explain myself in a more understundable way.

I must say that as a man i almost totaly agree with Kinokokao's statement.
Woman should have the the right to make the final call no matter what and if a man doesn't want to be a father he should have the right to not be.
But still, even if the woman keep the baby and the man has the right to walk away like nothing happened if he don't want to be a father this is still wrong to me.
Afterall, even if the man can chose to not be a dad, i still his a father of a child who live somewhere. No matter what he will still be a father and that seems wrong to me.

Alas, the day where the major issue for societys will be to deal with those sort of problems is probably not going to happen soon. It means that everyone will have to come to a consensus about legalisation of the abortion everywhere and that there isn't anything that still try to make the women not aborting even if they have the right to. Kinokokao's description of how Oklahoma's abortion system works is a perfect exemple of it.

I've already wrote a lot but i got the impression to be off topic and in a sense i am. The topic's name is "abortion" and the topic creator wanted to ask everyone if they were for or against it. I don't know how you came to legalise (or not) abortion in some states of USA and if the issues was for your country to say if it was moraly good or wrong but as a french, i don't thing that's a good way of seeing the problem.
When i say "as a french" it's only because of how in the 70's we came
to legalise it. If i recall my history classes correctly, at first the debate was about the "wright or wrong" in the abortion. The thing is that what really change everything was the fact that no mater how they where questioning themself about it the fact was there where and there will always be women who abort. There was a good proportion of doctor who where there to protest against the person who were called here "les faiseuses d'anges" wich can be translated as "angel maker" and how they had the work done . What's interesting here is what did trully mean this expressions. Pro-lifer can think it mean that abortion kills baby which has the right to live but in fact, it speak about both the woman who abort and child.
The way abortion was done before legalisation in here France was really a barbarian one. The woman who went seeing those "faiseuses d'anges" to abort where pretty desesperate. A good part of them died of this "surgery" act. You must imagine place where woman had there womb (and what surround it in some case) rip apart whith the foetus and then died of massive bleeding.
I won't lie by pretending that it was only because of this that abortion was legalised here in France because it wasn't, there was a huge debate and because abortion was another fight for women struggle for emancipation probably play a greater role in it.

Thus being said, i myself see abortion like that : there will always be women to abort, no matter how society see the abortion and even if it's a felony, they will abort. If it is a felony, there is a great probalility that the mother will die with a lot of suffering and in a way i won't even want my worst ennemy to die. So why be against ?
It seem hygly hypocritical for me to say "the child who is yet to be born have the right to live" and to forbid women to abort when it will result in them killing themself trying to abort.
The child who is yet to be born has the right to live but not the mother. Well, that's interresting. You may think i'm twisting fact by saying that but it is a reality, women have died because their society thought that the "child who is yet to be born have the right to live" .

Being for or against isn't wrong at all, it's trying to force our beliefs into the others that bug me. After all, it's a really selfish decision to abort or not. Thinking of the other welfare on some hot topic like abortion which is one of the more selfish one i could think of is in my opinion, highly hypocritical.
It should always be to the mother after talking about it with the father to make the last call because as someone else said here, it's a huge, if not the hightest, reponsability to give birth.

I'm done, i really hope that i'm as understundable as possible and that i didn't wrote something that might be interpreted in a wrong way.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:24 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:30 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:05 am

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:34 am

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:57 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 pm

52 posts

Return to “Debate & Serious Topics”