Serious Topics Rules

Discuss serious topics. No trolls permitted!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Serious Topics Rules

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:35 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Serious Topics Rules

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 pm

I think that's seriously inviting trouble. Please don't.

[] - [] - [] - []

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:14 pm

I found some nicely phrased additional rules I'd like to add. Taken from :

-Assume that no one’s position is 100% right. Including your own. Everyone’s viewpoint is colored by personal background, religious belief, and facts that you don’t know or can’t understand.

-You don’t get to tell anyone they’re wrong. Unless you can tell them why. If your response isn’t at least two sentences long, don’t write it down or yell it from the rooftops. Gut reactions are important, but only if they’re backed by logic.

-Remember where you are. This is friendly, intelligent discourse. It should never be taken as a personal attack, but rather an opportunity to learn something you didn’t know. Give points to your opponent(s) where due, take issue with them where you have issue with them, or request clarification if you’re unsure.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 am

I endorse these additional rules :)

[ | | | | ]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am

Sounds good with me. I'm not sure if I should edit them into the rules though, because it is Maxine's post and I'm not sure if she'd be ok with me adding things. I'll wait for her to do it.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:43 am

I do not mind edits if it's 'adding on'. Archaic endorsed the new rules, so please feel free (in my mind, to be perfectly honest, Archaic's decisions trump mine - just to iterate how I hope you would view his words and decisions in the future). I'm doing a quick three minute run through of the forums so forgive me for not jumping to this task :) but please, yes, do so.

[] - [] - [] - []

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Debate & Serious Topics”