Happy anniversary, Sekaiju No Meikyuu!

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Happy anniversary, Sekaiju No Meikyuu!

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 am

Today's the 10th anniversary of the first SQ game! It's been quite the successful franchise already, with 5 main games (Etrian Odyssey 1 thru 5), 2 pseudo-remakes (Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 & 2), 1 spin-off (Etrian Mystery Dungeon), and 2 unrelated games using the same engine (Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Persona Q). Here's to another 10 years :D

Check the hashtag on Twitter for a lot of celebratory fanart :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Re: Happy anniversary, Sekaiju No Meikyuu!

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 am

Released in January 2007, then? That year feels like a long time ago, but only yesterday. I wouldn't learn about the game for another 4 years. Maybe I'm getting old.

I have been wondering how each successive game can possibly keep outdoing the former, but the improvements with the most recent games seem to be less about total features and more about interaction and polish. I think the biggest changes were from EO2 to EO3 and from EO3 to EO4.

Though a change to the game platform may spawn things none of us ever suspected.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Oh cool, the game and I share our birthday. :p
Belated grats to you silly goose~

Mole-chan I....

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 am

A belated happy birthday to you too then, Heprea ^_^
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Mole-chan I....

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”