EO Rantage

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

359 posts
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Centurion_Beta
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Centurion_Beta » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:05 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 am

We had a little run-in with the Wyvern earlier. Looking for the other exit in its nest, we didn't pay attention to its movement and.. X_X

So, we had to run through a large part of the 8th and 9th floors again. Luckily, we encountered Ren & Tlachtga again on the 10th floor. Tlachtga had some water from the spring we found earlier and healed us. With full TP, we didn't have much trouble beating Cernunos, although just before it died, it countered Kimiko's attack and killed her. She's now lagging behind the others in XP as much as Nina. Ah well, at least we reached the third stratum so we can warp there now. That'll make it easier to finish up the quests we have left in the second stratum. First we'll head to the inn though for some much needed rest.
Kimiko

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Mon May 03, 2010 12:30 am

Hmmm I don't know exactly what's suppose to be posted here but I don't know where to post this so I'll post it here: Start you EO. Load your game. Enter the Rahda Hall. Scroll down and click on "Report discoveries" then click again on "Item Compendium" Look for the items "Sharp Horn ", "Huge Fin", "Steel Claw", "Gold Plume" and "Ice Spine". What does it say? Does it say "Cernunnos'", "Corotrangul's" and "Iwaropenelep's"? I wonder cause I'm at the point where this is freaking me out a bit. I'm guessing it's the names of those bosses but in their Japanese tongues? Do these names appear on anyone else's Item Compendiums?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 am

Those are the original names, but they could not fit all the letters into the actual in-battle enemy name.

Like, if this was Pokemon Odyssey, and you had a Blue Purse accessory, the description would say "Made from Feraligator skin" instead of "Feraligatr," the actual name of the beast as it appears in battle.

We once interviewed the guy in charge of those translated names, and I think he may have addressed that very question.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Mon May 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Whoaaaaa!!! Okay so now I don't have to begin a new game in my EO YAY!!!!

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon May 03, 2010 8:52 pm

We just got cornered by some FOEs on B20F. That must've been the longest battle yet. Two Ogres, a Hunter, a Cruella, two Diabolices, and one more which I'm not sure which species it was. Ended up using even Hamaos to restore TP. Phoo. But the whole party made it through, with only Akira and Nina dying halfway. Several new things unlocked of course, but we'll need to make several harvesting trips to afford it all.
I seem to recall the FOEs on B20F respawning more quickly than others however, so.. *worried*
Kimiko

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 pm

[spoiler]I honestly hate that Wyrm...it's such a jerk!!! I need help! Someone help me get rid of it. One thing I can't understand is I beat the Dragon. Then I was like "Hmmm, well I don't want to fight the Wyrm yet and I could play with the Drake." Before that, I had always fought with the Drake but only lasted like 3 turns. I thought that this wasn't gonna be any different so I went ahead with my game. After getting killed like 4 times I noticed a few things and found that I lasted a good long while, my only problem was that I ran out of TP for some of my characters. So I go back to it and kill it. I couldn't believe it, I mean the Drake is suppose to be the strongest of the three and I took him down but I still can't take down the mean Wyrm. Anyone got tips or a good method on how to kill it?[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 24, 2010 4:57 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 24, 2010 1:01 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Mon May 24, 2010 4:27 pm

0_0 A second Alchemist?

But, Maxine, are you using the strategy I posted, or are you gonna try something different?

Anyway, congrats on defeatng Fenrir!

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm

I'd better get back to EO1, or Maxine will beat the game before me. Curse you, last 3 planets of AlphaBounce!
Kimiko

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon May 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

359 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”