EO Rantage

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

359 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

EO Rantage

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Why don't we have a thread like this in this forum? We had one in EOII forums. o_O;

Well, whatever. I've made it now ^_^;

'Cause guess what... *takes a deep breathe* Today, I'm going to restart my game file and play through the game again.

I really REALLY want to play after watching the trailers that I uploaded. And also after going through maps to do site updates I realize how much I have fucking forgotten.

Since I'm putting the Interactive maps on hold to do other stuff (which can be done by referencing other materials online) I've decided that it probably would actually help me better if I remember how the fucking game GOES again.

^_^; So, I'm going to. I know that I will finish the game because I honestly LOVE this game and it's been calling to me for quite a few months now. Class of Heroes just makes me want to even more and the news about EOIII just drives it into my soul.

So... starting today :3 I'm going to need some ranting space.

My team this time will be:
(Shiana)Landsknecht, (Makour)Protector, (Arkon)Dark Hunter
(Tess)Medic, (Fionna)Alchemist

Seriously, I will miss my old team and all but, I'm tired of letting this game sit in my case collecting dust -- WHEN I WANT TO PLAY IT!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Well, good luck to you then.
But I'm afraid a lot of people have already forgotten
a lot of EOI, so there won't be much to rant about...

Will this be your second time playing EOI?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 pm

^_^ Yep

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:12 pm

So I decided by the time I got my group to level 5, that I didn't want my Alchy this game. I'm going to try Survivalist which I never much bothered with in either game.

I've just reached Floor 2 and have had two game overs and one close call.
The first game over was received by the fuggin' Venomflies that attack you on the first floor if you stop to rest. GRRRR I thought I was strong enough and leveled enough to take them. *sigh*

Second Game Over was just random bad luck.

And the close call was me attempting to, stupidly, take on a FOE. I escaped with only one party member alive. ^_^; good times... good times....

I need to stop underestimating this game.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kaname
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaname » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 am

Me too! Just started this too, since I finally got my muckdile in E2.

And I have something to rant about it, too. I remembered my beloved Ronin.

That need a slot(and round) for stances. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. :(

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:33 am

I have also been replaying EOI!

Just tonight reached the 4th Stratum. Beautiful :3

This is my party:

(Germany) Landsknecht, (Sweden) Protector
(England) Alchemist, (Finland) Medic, (Italy) Troubadour

I, too, have been wanting to get rid of my Alchemist... except Thor + Shocker is just so delicious. Meh, I like this party. Immunize + Relaxing + Healing for most FOE and Boss battles, sometimes Defender + Immunize + Relaxing for particularly tough fights. My characters are around level 40.

XD Poor Maxine, those Venomflies got you...

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:48 am

my BFF has my EO so....

I need to finish II anyway

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:06 am

Edit: I posted in the wrong section. I have reposted this in the EOII section,

Oh hey, since a bunch of your are replaying EOI, I'd like to note a little glitch I found on 1F. I'm not sure if it was just me, though, since it no longer manifested once I passed the first stratum iirc.

So, on 1F, at the intersection of three paths in block B3, I noticed that simply spinning around on that one tile would cause the glowy encounter indicator on the right to change as if I were taking steps. This ended up being a very handy way to level in the early game, as spinning around apparently resulted in more encounters and it was convenient in that I didn't have to keep turning around at the end of hallways while walking around looking for fights. I just held down right/left and spun around to get an encounter within a few seconds.

Would anyone on the first stratum care to confirm?

Edit: ... huh, a few minutes after posting, it feels like I've mentioned this before... but I'm not sure.
Last edited by negzee on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:27 am

*looks at block B3* there's no intersection there. Can you be more descriptive negz and give me exact coordinates (ie. B3-B4 - B3 being the obvious block on the map and B4 being part of the 5x5 blocks inside of it?)

I would love to confirm :3

I love little things like that in this game. There's some spots that there are no battles whatsoever, or are so few as to be obvious (such as a spot in the lower areas of B4), and some spots that just get a ridiculous number of encounters.

Anyways: My Survivalist was not shaping up to be so great and after some thinking (running into a few crabs and difficulties with Ragelopes) I remembered how much I depended on my two alchemists in my first playthrough. ... I have since returned Fionna back to my party. I might just end up switching back out in Stratum 2 or something.

Also: I'm running SO FUGGIN' LOW on money... but I'm trying to avoid doing the cheat with a squad of five temp-survivalists and hammering that chop point on B1F. I don't want to >_< ~~
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 am

Wait... I'm retarded, Maxine. I just realised it's in EOII... oops ^^;;;;

I'll repost this in the EOII section. But since you've replied in here already, I'm not sure what to do with this incorrect post other than add a link to the new post. Sorry ^^;
Last edited by negzee on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 am

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:33 am

I guess it's because the first stratum of both games look the same that I confused them.

Btw, the exact tile in question is 1F B3-C5 (EOII)

Please respond to in the EOII section instead, sorry for the misposting.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:44 am

>_< my game is downstairs. Bah! I'll try it tomorrow and let you know what I experienced in my game.

[] - [] - [] - []

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am

BTW, Max, I've got this strategy that will make the sixth stratum a cakewalk. Wanna hear it?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

:3 Go ahead.

[] - [] - [] - []

359 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”