Suggested places to buy?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

postmanmanman
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Suggested places to buy?

Postby postmanmanman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 am

I've had Etrian Odyssey II for quite some time now, and I absolutely love it to pieces. However, I've never played the original and recently got the urge to remedy that problem, and promptly headed to Amazon. Well apparently they want 85 dollars for it, so I need some suggestions as to where else I can look.

A new copy would be preferable, but a used one that's in good condition would be nearly as good. I've tried eBay, but most of the sellers there are selling used copies in (apparently?) not-great condition... so, can anyone help? I'd appreciate it!

(Also, is this forum near-dead? Some of the threads on the first page appear to have posts from as far back as 2008, but there does seem to be a few posters left...)

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:38 am

I found my copy of EOII at Bestbuy, and just last month too, I don't know if they would have it where you are but it is definatly NOT 85$. Browsing Target and actual Game stores if that fails.

postmanmanman
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby postmanmanman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:43 am

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am

The fast reply is PROBABLY because you joined almost right after I did. This forum IS active, its just a small community right now. [I've been lurking for the past 2 weeks, I should know this.]

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:54 am

It's active, but mostly just in the general discussion section.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:56 am

There's usually a small community. There will be a noticeable rise in active membership if (and hopefully when) EOIII is announced for North American release, but after a while, most of these people will stop posting, although some will stick around just because they like the community.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

To help with the original question, you could try looking around for a European copy of EO I. It was released here by Nintendo (I thought 505 Games, but that was Izuna). Maybe that means it isn't as rare as the N-American edition.
Last edited by Kimiko on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 am

Say, what's different between the NA and EU versions, anyway?

Edit: oh, and it seems to be in stock at a reasonable price (GBP) here:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Nintendo-DS-- ... endo-DS%29 (probably the EU release)

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:27 am

I think we discussed the differences in another topic before?
Last edited by Kimiko on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:27 am

The translation, mostly.

Atlus USA seems to have done a better job.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 am

Oh, okay. I'm just too lazy to dig through the archives right now, so figured I'd ask. ^^;

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:29 am

No prob. I remembered because I was the one who started that topic :)
Kimiko

postmanmanman
Ragelope

Postby postmanmanman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:45 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 am

LOL you two newbies. First, let me welcome you to the forums (I hope you've posted in the Welcoming topic in Discussion forum so you can receive a proper welcome - this is the first time I've read your posts).

We are a small community, however very rarely does a day go by that someone doesn't post or even show up. Seriously, the EO players are a small group to begin with, the community even smaller, and then there's the fact that there are many people who just aren't attracted to posting on forums. So, needless to say, you shouldn't ever expect this forum to an extreme amount of activity. As someone above said, it will no doubt pick up once EO3 is released not only in Japan, but when it's released in America, too (though there has been no news of this yet).

As for this particular forums, the EO3 forum is the most active, EO2 by less, and EO1 receiving the least. However you must also remember that most of us have played and beaten the games a LOOOONG time ago, months after their initial release. ~_^ You are welcome to post and help spread life into this. We love the games and we would love someone new to chat with about them. I'm currently going through a second play myself.

Also, I promise that I take any questions about the EO series very seriously and you will get a reply the moment I see the topic for no other reason than to say I'm researching it.

As for the original question:

Atlus has this policy about pre-orders being what they sell to, and then they throw out only a couple hundred other copies, and that's it. Demon's Souls was one of the few times they did a second shipment (actually the only I've ever heard about).

Unless it's a European version, your chances are exactly NILL to finding a factory sealed copy. While I do not support it and the conversation ends HERE with this sentence, there are ROMs of the game out there which would be no different to buying the game used.

I will be going to gamestop this Wednesday and I'm always keeping an eye out for other copies. If I see one, I will buy it for you and you can purchase it from me if you like. But, again, even finding a used one is a slim chance.

<_< Saddly this is the way Atlus USA works.

Here are a that came up via google, that being said, I do not know how current these listings are.

I would also like to add, do not fear a copy not having a manual. I have scanned the manual and put it up in our gallery. Seriously, get the game and don't worry about petty things like manual and boxart XD :

http://www.warehousedeals.com/Etrian-Od ... ce=froogle

http://www.games-stock.com/catalog/etri ... -1078.html

http://games-advance.com/nintendo-ds-ds ... o-ds-p-729

[] - [] - [] - []

postmanmanman
Ragelope

Postby postmanmanman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 am

41 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”