forest folk images? -maybe spoilier ish-

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

forest folk images? -maybe spoilier ish-

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Hey, so thinking back to the first game I remembered the forest folk looked really cool, though you rarely see them. Does anyone have a link or pics of them from the game? Even fan art?

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon May 10, 2010 11:34 pm

I think in-game pictures could maybe be found in a sprite collection? Maybe someone here knows where to find that.

The forest folk are called モリビト ('moribito', protectors or guardians) in Japanese. Combining that with 世界樹の迷宮 ('sekaiju no meikyuu') yields on Pixiv. Google has some more results.

ETA: Whoa, ?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 am

Um, I have no idea how to navigate that first page you sent me to. It might have been my firewall blocking any pics from forigen web pages, but everything was in like format there, no images. And Japanese, which I can't read. Thanks for the help though.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 am

Pixiv requires registration and is probably not the best place to link.

Here's the best image out of that lot though

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Tue May 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Kimiko

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Well, I didn't exactly see the ones you pointed out, actually. I saw other ones with Ren and Tlachtga on the cover at a local anime convention last year.

Needless to say, I was quickly away from the stand after that. Not the fault of these dojins in your link here, they probably aren't that bad. On the other hand, those I saw looked innocent too xD;

Sorry for overreacting a bit. It's not that I am generally disliking dojins (I actually own a few cute ones, and even a naughty yaoi one!), but etrian ones seem to sometimes have really scary stuff. I guess the FOE massacre brings that out.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue May 11, 2010 11:58 pm

poiuiu
Ragelope

Postby poiuiu » Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 am

A decent sized pic of little miss forest guardian can be found on Yuji Himukai's old blog. .

And it's to be expected that DS resolution sprites would be tiny, so a cheap and quick upsizing will have to do for now since there's little other option.

It's no surprise there's not much media for them since they only showed up in one game.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks for the enlarged kupala pic :D

also, the link you posted gives me a 403 Forbidden error.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks a lot

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 pm

poiuiu
Ragelope

Postby poiuiu » Wed May 19, 2010 12:10 am

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Wed May 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Kimiko

17 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”