EO Questions

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

...Err - Wow.
I really need to look up some info on skills I haven't got yet.

I though the post above me was for the skills your party should use,
so sorry for that.

But, let me try to read your post again:

[spoiler]I've got the best equipment for everyone, afaik.

Darkhunter + Domination: Check.
Protector + Anti-elements: Check (iirc, but I think so.)
Hexer: Nope.

Anti-Begone skills: Nope. though I could use items to Force my Protector 'up', so Painless should be no problem.
Also, everyone has ~800 Base HP, apart from Medic + Troubadour, who have ~600, 700 HP. I think. Stamina = Almost everyone 999 HP.

"Other thing to note besides Hatred is that Dampen causes Release which clears his debuffs and heals himself for 25,000. I believe it is also used if Ur-Child has 3 debuffs as well. "

-> So, a nice Hexer Skill gets turned into a huge power-up for the enemy?
That's nice T-T
But, what do you mean by "Hatred"? I can't see it anywhere in Wolkenritter's list.

i havent really got any De-buff skills, so I'm guessing Light won't be used, then? Lucky me ^-^

Heatskin is kind of like a "kill everyone that attacks" skill, right?
But since it's that random, I might just as well ignore it if I have no way to counter it.

I don't know what Bait/Magibait is. i recall them being Darkhunter Skills,
but the descriptions were really vague.

[/spoiler]

Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Fought it.
[spoiler]
Everything went (relatively) fine, but at turn 12, I apparantly should have used one Axcela more, because my Protector was ~5 points short of being able to use Painless.

Needless to say, turn 13 ended it all.

I like how it uses it's OHKO move at turn 13.
Adds just that tiny bit of symbolism to him, being "The child cast away by the gods" or something like that.
[/spoiler]

I'm gonna go try again, but this time I'm gonna buy 30 Axcelas.

Edit: err, 20.

Alright, random-battled on 29F, used Axcelas, everyone's Force is 100 now.
I've got 5 Axcelas left; enough to let my Protector use Painless at least once.

Edit 2:

[spoiler]Fought him again. Everything actually went pretty well,
but at Turn 11, my DH,Medic & Protector were all Insta-Killed.
I had my Protector use Nectall at Turn 12, but there weren't enough party members alive to feed him Axcela's, so he couldn't use Painless at the 13th turn.
..Actually, I'm still in that fight. It's turn 13 now.
T-T Goodbye, world.[/spoiler]

Edit 3: ...Yep, he killed me, alright.

Edit 4: Turn 18 -> Game-Over.

Questions! Would a Charm Gas (Causes enemies to target the user) be a nice alternative of Painless (if I'd let the Protector use it)?
Last edited by Isabelyes on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Incidentally, we should probably move this to the EO2 forum.
[spoiler]Hatred is used in place of Boast (turn 3) if you have too many buffs. I believe it's 12+ total? Something like that, anyway.

You should be able to get away with a Dragvandil on the Protector for the Force+ boost and not worry about Axcelas at all. Wildance (turn 11) is a bit annoying so it may be worth gearing some Death-protection (or Status in general ala Slate Walls).

Also, Heatskin is a catch-all counter. Anything thrown at Ur-Child will be countered for 5000+ damage (seen up to 20k+ counters, which is just silly).

As for Begone itself, you could always just level once and get a single Provoke point. You don't need it to do anything in particular, it just has to be used on turn 12. That's the key part--the effect isn't what changes the attack but, rather, that the appropriate skill was used on turn 12.[/spoiler]

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 pm

What is a Dragvandil?
Checked Sitoth Trading, didn't see it anywhere.
I might have overlooked it, though.

I think I'm just going to let everyone Rest,
take Provoke, and the Take skill to get Narcissus,
which might help. (Stab/Slash/Cut Resist)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Hohum.
[spoiler]Dragvandil, Force+ Sword, requires 3x Axe Shard drops which are the Conditional Drop from Asterios FoEs in the 6th Stratum. Requires them to be Arm Bound and has an 85% base chance to drop.

As for the Mists, keep in mind they count as buffs and the first few turns are varied so you'll end up triggering either Light (clear them all) or Hatred (higher damage, buff removal) in the process. To be honest, these turns aren't that big of a deal and you only need to worry about surviving Solitude and Begone. The rest turns allow you to recover perfectly fine and the three Elemental turns, with the Antis, are free damage, especially if you have Magibait.[/spoiler]

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Got Dragvandil.

He murdered me at least 5 times since I got it. Damn.

Most of the time, it goes wrong at Wildance.

...Any tips? T-T

State Walls don't help either...

Mostlyjoe
Ragelope

Postby Mostlyjoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Mostlyjoe
Ragelope

Postby Mostlyjoe » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:08 am

Hmmm. Okay. I can take one, but sometimes I get a confuse/mez and it throws me off. Hrmmm.

Felouen
Ragelope

Postby Felouen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Can I transfer a European version password to EO II or not? Also, only the name transfers, right? Because I recall reading somewhere that supposedly you also can access a gallery where you see with what party you have defeated the last boss.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:28 pm

No, sadly, the European version's password is longer than the NAmerican version's, so it won't fit in EO2.
Ah well, the only thing it would get you is to see your old guild mentioned once or twice. I haven't heard anything about galleries.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Felouen
Ragelope

Postby Felouen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 am

Ah, that's great about the galleries, this way I'll just use somebody else's password and change the Guild's name. The one that gets mentioned does change too if I change it? Eg. if I used a password with a guild's name Ragnarok, and then change it to Cats, will they refer to the Guild from the previous game as Cats onwards, or still as Ragnarok? Thanks!

93 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”