Moderator: ItL Moderators

93 posts
scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:00 am

Are you able to do it that soon? :\ I went up against the final in EOII and he just decimated me. It was such a complete slaughter and one of my chars were at 71. It just felt like a bigger loss than having the wrong party.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:50 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:14 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Soham
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Soham » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:11 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

If you have a perfect party, you can probably do it in the 50s. Reaching him at level 50 is a lot harder than the fight, really. The worst team I've beaten him with was a 71-all BL/MTH team (Hexer was 99 but level was irrelevant) so if I can do it with that clusterfuck, it's doable with anything that doesn't suck.

Keep in mind, the benefits from going above 71 are pretty minimal: 1 extra skill point per level. You can pretty much get the best out of any character with the single level 70 retirement. The game does not use your level in any calculation* so a level 71 character and 99 character really only differ in available skills.

And, yes, I posted a guide on what attacks the boss uses every 13 rounds (it cycles with only one change after that). Terence gave me the Limb-details on the attacks and some mechanics fleshed out (notably round 13's mechanic). At Night, you are just royally fucked so just "do whatever."

*Edit: Forgot, the chance-to-break status effects formula uses your Level.

[spoiler]I will say if you have no Protector with Anti-elements, however, then the fight becomes pretty damn frustrating.

Or no Doze-Beast / Baitstep-Survivalist / Provoke Protector to turn Begone into something manageable.[/spoiler]

Felouen
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Felouen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

It's really strange, but I can't get even a single butterfly eye right now (gotten up to B8F) to do the Fashionista Quest, although I spent some time killing Venom and Woodflies on B1-2F. Why? Has this happened to anyone else too?

And why on earth do I get quests always so late? Like after getting to B3F or so only then do I get a quest to collect something on B1F and so on, it's always either way too ahead or way too behind, why can't they give out quests for things which you can find on the floors you're right now? Although it's true that it would perhaps a bit change the atmosphere of when you just grind in order to discover what's ahead, and then return to previous floors and easily get what they want, but still...

I also wonder, are there things which change during night/day?? Like when [spoiler]you can only find the enemy on B6F during certain times of the night when undertaking a quest. Are there more things like this ahead, but which don't depend on quests and can be found without undertaking one ? [/spoiler]

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Felouen - For the butterfly eyes you need to [spoiler]kill them with ice.[/spoiler]
The spring on B1F would be another, not quest-related example of something that changes with day or night.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:37 am

Insect Eye (Woodfly, Venomfly) is just any non-poison Magic attack.

Full list here (spoilers):
[spoiler]Monsters
Name : Special Drop : Method
Woodfly : Insect Eye : Kill the monster using magic(non-poison).
Venomfly : Insect Eye : Kill the monster using magic(non-poison).
Mandrake : Charcoal : Kill the monster using a Fire attack.
Firebird : Carminite : Kill the monster using a Fire attack.
Mantis : Silver Eye : Kill the monster in 1 turn.
Hellfly : Cold Scale : Kill the monster using an Ice attack.
Iron Crab : Holed Limb : Kill the monster using a Bow attack.
Hazefly : Cold Scale : Kill the monster using an Ice attack.

FOEs
Name :Special Drop: Method
Stalker : Harvester : Kill the monster in 1 turn.
Cruella : Rose Whip : Kill the monster while it is completely bound.
Diabolix : Wine Whip : Kill the monster while it is completely bound.
Ogre : Evil Scale : Kill the monster within 2 turns.
Hunter : Evil Crest : Kill the monster within 2 turns.
Treetusk : Hex Marrow: Do not kill the monster using a physical attack.
Dinolich : Sword Rib : Do not kill the monster using a Bow attack.
Shellord : Old Shell : Do not kill the monster using a Staff attack.
Songbird : Gem Plume : Do not kill the monster using a Fire attack.
Macabre : Ebon Plume : Do not kill the monster using a Bow attack.

Bosses
Name : Special Drop : Method
Cotrangl : Ice Spine : Kill the monster wihtout using a Fire attack.
Golem : Statue Arm : Kill the monster using an Instant-Death attack.
Wyvern : Tough Fang : Kill the monster within 3 turns.
Manticor : Beast Eye : Kill the monster within 10 turns.
Alraune : Velvet : Do not kill the monster using a Fire attack.[/spoiler]

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:21 am

Ah, I misremembered then I see.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Felouen
Ragelope

Postby Felouen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 am

Thanks, now I get it! So that's why I did get them before, because now I'm so strong I only use normal attacks. :)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:07 am

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:40 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:52 pm

The attack rotation (for the Day encounter) is one post above yours.
[spoiler]If you have a DH (Dominate) or a Protector (Anti-Elements) then you're pretty much fine. A Revenge Hexer helps a lot as you can kill the boss before turn 13's Begone otherwise you need Protector Provoke, Survivalist Baitstep, or Beast Doze Off (or Preen) to be used on Turn 12 to turn the attack into a single-target version so you can survive. Or just Painless through it.

Turns 14+ are identical, except that the Hymn-attack (originally attack 2 in the rotation) becomes Stab/Volt element and changes which classes it deals damage to (Melee -> Ranged -> Casters -> Melee -> Ranged -> Casters, etc.).

Other thing to note besides Hatred is that Dampen causes Release which clears his debuffs and heals himself for 25,000. I believe it is also used if Ur-Child has 3 debuffs as well.

Light has a 60% chance of being used per turn if you have a combined amount of 12+ buffs and 2+ debuffs on Ur-Child. If used, it just clears all buffs/debuffs and the rotation continues as per normal.

Hatred is only used in place of one attack (Boast) if you have too many Buffs. Hatred does more damage but Boast at least can inflict status ailments (Sleep, Confuse, Curse).

Bait/Magibait have a 5% chance of causing Wildance and there's a 3% chance per turn that Ur-Child just randomly uses Heatskin.[/spoiler]

93 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”