Restarting EO 1

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Restarting EO 1

Postby Hobbun » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Gosh, it's been ages since I've been here, nice to be back! :)

Believe it or not, I never defeated the first EO (I know, shame on me). I got towards the very end and fell into my bad habit of getting into another game and then never got back to it. However, last night I started up the game again (since it's been so long since I've played it).

Lot is coming back to me, especially remembering now how challenging it is and probably the main reason why I loved it. (Although the mapping system is pretty kickass as well).

My question is actually for EO II and III (well for EO III, at least those of you who have played the Japanese version), please tell me both games retain the same difficulty as the first one?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:58 pm

They get easier over the course of the games though that's most likely just due to more familiarity with the game. Well, that and EO3 has a few more skills and main/sub combinations that allow you to do more for the games.

Arguably, EO2 is still easiest if you use a Revenge Hexer. EO3 just has some more skills that make exploring not as troublesome. It also helps that landing status effects in EO3 is a lot easier (both due to the formula change and due to more usable skills having side effects attached to them).

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Hmm ok, thanks.

So the two following games are more easy due to the skill selection or just becoming better at the games? I just want to be able to go to that new area and take a crap load of damage because the monsters just hit that hard or the new boss is that nasty.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Second game was harder to me in terms of FOEs (damn Trigourds) but the skills made things seem ... slick. I dunno about easier as much as more convenient.

No, do not worry, if there is any less difficulty, it's just because you are now more familiar with the game.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Ok, thanks all. That's what I wanted to hear!

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am

I've not played EO, but I'm finding EO3 bastard hard. Stratum 1 boss took two attempts, Stratum 2 boss took 4, Stratum 3 more like a dozen. FOEs aside, regular exploration isn't too tough so far, but especially early on I have had to pay careful attention to some of the tavern talk - like when some monsters only come out during the day - so it's probably even harder for anyone not pursuing all the conversation options.
無垢無頼努

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:41 pm

Well, made it to BF2 last night and up to 6th level. I ran into my first FOE (creature with the antlers, can’t remember the name now) and it killed me quickly. Love it! lol

I tried to actually get around it, because from what I remembered from playing the first time, you just aren’t ready to take it on right away, unless you really grind for awhile.

I also made the mistake of buying the Shortsword off the wandering adventurer as I already had two of them (one for my Protector, the other for my Landsknecht). So I lost quite a bit on that.

But still having a blast!

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”