Skill point distribution

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Skill point distribution

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm

I just recloned everyone to better distribute my skill points. Right now my Landsknecht twins have Sword and Axe (respectively) at level 3, Cleaver/Crush level 1, and HP level 1.
My Alchemist has Fire up level 3 and Fire level 1 (1 skill point unassigned)
Medic with Healer level 2, Cure level 1, Cure II level 1 and Patch up level 1 (is patch up worth it? doesn't seem like... might switch to TP Regen?)
and the Protector just has HP up level 1, Shields 3 (1 skill point unassigned)

What skills did you find most useful? How do you spend your skill points for the classes? Do you use them as soon as you get them or save up a few at a time? Any certain skills you recommend for or against? Discuss!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:57 pm

* Landsknecht:
- For your sword Landsknecht, you're going to want allslash at 10, and a good way to ensure that you save skill points would be to not put any under tornado, as it does almost the same thing, but inflicts less damage.

- For both twins, I wouldn't put much under shocker, freezer, blazer, or mine, as they become nearly useless later in the game. Also, if you're planning on using Hell cry, don't put anything under war cry. 2-Hit is also a great investment if you want to conserve TP. I seldom use flee, as I've only used it twice since I bought this game XD

EDIT:

* Protector:
- HP, TP, and defense are good to invest in, as always

- Shields: Simply put, you need this to learn the other skills XD
(recommended Skill points: 5. Or 7 for En Garde. If you want smite, you need 10.)

- Smite is pretty good, but seldom used later in the game (because he's constantly protecting my party) XD

- Stalker is a MUST HAVE (but you might want to opt for a different skill if you have a survivalist in your party)

- Cure/Cure II: Good early in the game, but rarely used later.

- AntiCold/Fire/Volt: Most useful skill in the game, MUST HAVE for later boss fights.

- F/B Guard: occasionally used, but not often enough to warrant a large investment of skill points.

- Aegis: Nice to have in a pinch (otherwise, it's pretty useless).

- Fortify and defender are nice, but don't help as much later in the game

- En Garde and Provoke are useful more often than not.

- Parry: rarely used (unless used in combination with provoke or when your protector is the only one left in your party) XD

- Mine: able to do without later in the game.

as for the other classes, I'm not too good at balancing skill points, sorry >_<;;

Skill tree/guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/934287/48412
Last edited by ZetaBladeX13 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm

yeah, I found the gameFAQs guide and have been looking through it, but I'm really curious to hear what those who have gotten far/beaten the game have to recommend.
Thanks for the Landsknecht advice. I'm eagerly wanting to get 2-hit and allslash: sounds like a fun combo!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:18 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”