Another one bites the dust

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Aeiren
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Another one bites the dust

Postby Aeiren » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:50 am

HURRAH!

100% Completion for Etrian Odyssey! :mrgreen:

Finally won the B30F boss on the fifth try.

*rolls around*

Hmm, what now, EO II or EO III? :neutral:

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:25 am

Congrats.
I miss only 2 drops [hide]the cursed Ice Scale and yeah final boss' drop[/hide]

EO2 feels more familiar, since the classes are quite the same (only slight adjustments)
EO3 is like another game completely (with new classes, the new battle effects also influence a lot the experience imho, for some aspects is more similar to EO1, but with enhanced graphics and much much more stuff to do and customize - dunno much about it though, since I just reached B2F and stopped playing cause I'm waiting for my retail copy)

So basically it depends on what you are looking for ^^
"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:12 am

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:19 am

abdar68
Ragelope

Postby abdar68 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:44 am

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Decisions, decisions.

One for continuity, the other for change.

Guess I'll go with continuity. I wonder how fast I can plow through EO II, now that they have Force Skills. Until then, SUB-CLASSING is screaming through my head. Already have several combinations in mind afterall. :mrgreen:

Zeblid
Fenrir

Postby Zeblid » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:46 am

Don't expect to use them very often... The Force Meter takes waaaaaaaaaaay longer to fill than Boost.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:47 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 am

Well Force Meter fills slower, but each weapon class has its Boost Up version (except for staves)

Also, for me Etrian Odyssey I is still on top.
When I'll play and finish EO3 I'll update the list ^^
"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 am

Force Skills are also way more broken. Arguably, Limits can potentially do more overall but nothing as ridiculous as "Null All Damage" or "Stop All Attacks" like in EO2.

As for ranking them, it's basically EO3 > EO2 > EO1 for me without much thought. The gameplay basically just improves throughout so ... yeah. And less stupid mechanics.

Not that they're not still pretty stupid but at least they're learning somewhat.

[spoiler]Though I have no idea how they can't get 1st Turn to ever work right in any of the games. Like, how the fuck?[/spoiler]

11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”