I'm new and have a question about equipment...

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I'm new and have a question about equipment...

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:46 am

So this is my first post, howdy. Anyways I was wondering a few things about equipment and was hoping you guys could answer.

*note* I just reached the second stratum just so you guys know what to recommend.

First, should I give my bard a sword or staff? It may seem an obvious answer, but I noticed the tec^ didn't end up doing much and I'm not using the songs much for now.(Unless I'm fighting a FOE or boss of course).

Next, I would like to know what should skill should my survivalist master first?
My first thought was appolon, but it takes three whole turns to use so I was wondering.

About my Landersknekt(?) When should I exchange my swords with axes? It seems the sword skill are more valuable, being able to use elemental damage and stuff but the axes are considerably stronger, so I thought I should ask.

I have a medic of course, but I was wondering if caudecous was a usefull skill. I always keep him in the back row, so he doesn't do much in terms of offense. And is patch up worth while? It seems very usefull right now, saving my party once, but I was wondering if it was worth it durinf mid-game, so I'd like to hear your guys' opinion on that to.

And I was wondering if I should completly scrap my alchemist all-together soon.

Thank you for your answer(s)!

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 am

I'm not the greatest at the game but I'll try to answer some of your questions as best as I can:

- First: I have never used a bard so I'll let someone else touch that one.

- Second: same as first

- Third: Landsknecht! :3
Mine I used axes the entire game during my first playthrough. Axes seemed to be easier to come by and had a heck of a lot more power in them. HOWEVER, most EO-fans would probably tell you "SWORD" for Allslash technique which I'm constantly hearing about as being one of those skills that makes this class shine.

- Caudecous skill ... This is a hard sell. First and foremost, ONLY think about if and ONLY IF you are doing a Battle Medic. From the sound of it, you've stuffed your Medic in back anyways, so sounds like you aren't too interested in Battle Medic. Really, even with this skill Medics are not strong fighters. A Battle Medic is one of those characters you use to whittle the enemy down while you wait for your healing powers to be necessary. They can do some decent damage, but they will never generate the sort of numbers the others will. Now.. as for the skill, it's one of those skills you save for bosses of FOES and even then you use VERY sparingly because let's not forget the fact that their TP should be reserved for Healing.

My first playthrough I had a Battle Medic and she was useful. My second playthrough, I ended up opting to throw her in the back and putting someone more useful in that position. But of course the drawback is: now she's REALLY less than useful unless she's healing. But, obviously, I will not be wasting points on this skill and be placing them in other areas.

As for Alchemist: I'm a supporter <_< I loved my Alchemists (I had two in my first playthrough and one in my second). However, the general consensus will probably be for you to scrap him, probably around Stratum 3. ..... *shrugs* I found them an invaluable character, so I dunno what I'm missing.

[] - [] - [] - []

fauxsquared
Ogre

Postby fauxsquared » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:05 am

Zeta look cute fillies.

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:54 am

"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

SAL
Bloodant

Re: I'm new and have a question about equipment...

Postby SAL » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:43 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 pm

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”