First impressions of the game!

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

lmd_84
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lmd_84 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Oh, that's a nicely balanced party. It's hard to go very wrong I think, as long as you have some variety of classes/skills. This will get you through the game without much trouble.

If you think you messed up assigning skill points, you can Rest a character (that option was in EO1 too, right?). It will cost you a few levels, but you get to assign all the skill points again.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:03 pm

I don't think they let you rest/retire until level 20 or 30 :\

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Level 30.

More than anything, lmd, and one that I like to mention at least every once in a while: any party works in the game as long as it goes with your own playing style. I personally didn't like Troubadours but there are those that swear by them.

My own party was
L, P, M
A, A

Anything goes in this game. ^_^
*Ahem* Of course, I'm not the sort of player that likes to make sure I get through these 100% most optimal way.
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Xeranath
Ragelope

Postby Xeranath » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:23 pm

I found out about this game while searching for RPG's that were similar to the Eye of the Beholder style. When i first saw the screenshots i thought to myself "Hey this looks pretty cool." Then i realized that it had its own "do it yourself" mapping system and thats all i needed to know to know that this game is great.

I searched at all the local game dealers to find a copy but i found nothing. Then i found a copy of EOII on ebay that was new at a good price so i went ahead and got it. When i got it home i loaded it up and when it asked me for a password it ruined my day. At the time i had a misunderstanding of what the password is for. I thought you could carry over your characters and continue the adventure like in Eye of the Beholder. Being the type of gamer I am, i immediatly turned it off and jumped on Ebay to find it. I ordered it right away and about 3 days later i had it in my hands. The first day i played it for like 5 hours.

Now im only on F5, about to kill Fenrir, so i have a looooong way to go before im done with the 2 games. I probably wont need another RPG for a really long time!

My first impression can be summed up in 2 words "Freaking Awesome!!!"

P.S: Its nice to know there are still oldschool RPG'rs out there!!!
~The Ragin' Contagion~

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Eye Of The Beholder? Now that's old. And extremely hard. I only tried to play for a little bit before dying/giving up on it.

Yes, the password only gives you a few references to your old guild here and there, and the rather useless Town Medal or Crown. Otherwise the game is exactly the same.
And don't expect to use a password from the EU version of EO1 in the NA version of EO2 either. They're a different length.

Anyways, welcome to the forum too, Xeran! :) Hope the EOs give you a lot of fun for a long time.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

lmd_84
Ragelope

Postby lmd_84 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:11 pm

I've just completed the Fenrir mission. Ended up with him following me, and decided to fight him as far enough away from his minions as possible rather than warp wire away. It worked. He killed my Landsknecht and Dark Hunter, but it worked. Have accepted the Shadow in the Grove quest because, apparently, I just can't get enough of B5F ;) . I'm also curious about what turns up...

Have mapped a bit of BF6, and am loving the new scenery and change of background music. The Venomgels and Sleepgels are a pain, but I like the idea of having a new set of monsters to get used to.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:42 am

53 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”