6th Stratum troubles

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

6th Stratum troubles

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 am

So I finally got back to playing Etrian Odyssey so that I can complete all three before four comes out, and I really need help regarding the 6th stratum.

Now, I just beat Visil, and it was a cool ending, I went back to town to heal, completed a quest or two, then found the entrance to the 6th stratum behind the place where I beat Visil, I thought "Hey, that's pretty cool, let's go and beat up that there final final boss."

I went in, and the atmoshpere made me seriously reconsider, but I pushed on, suddenly some crab things were encountered and began to attack. I thought "Alright! Let's do some monster hunting!" For I had beaten Visil with relative ease, and felt as if this wouldn't be to bad. Then my characters delt only 2 damage. I thought "Wow, what a high physical resistance, maybe flame will soften them up" My alchemist uses flame, 2 damage, I was stunned, needless to say, then they attacked, they dealt 300+ damage each time, before I could successfully run, it killed both my survivalist and -LANDSHARK BANNED-, after a quick revive, I hightailed it out of there.

So I was just wondering if there was some item I need to have or quest I need to complete. Or is there something I didn't do that I'm not aware of? I don't know, please help out if you guys can, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Also, I got the schnozz beat out of me by Alraune, any tips?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 6th Stratum troubles

Postby Emrin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 am

As is every new stratum: the previous stratum's boss is NOTHING compared to the new monsters lol the crabs are weak against electric type attacks so use Thunder or if you prefer Volt or Thor go for it. (The crabs also have a rare drop which you can only get if you finish them with a bow attack I believe.) Don't forget about Immunize; it helps A LOT. With your Survivalists, try using Trickery to drop the enemies accuracy so as not to get hit as much.

And for Alraune... i don't know exactly what to tell you lol retiring most likely helps for the harder bosses and what not but don't take my word for it cause I might be wrong.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:33 am

I...I already retired... And i'm at level 66 ;;

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:34 am

Ironcrabs have nothing on the dick move they made on the 27th floor. PITFALLS. PITFALLS EVERYWHERE.

Really, it was the biggest jerk move to make so many pitfalls it exceeded the label limit of the map.

ransho
Ragelope

Postby ransho » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Rather than using volt / thunder by alchemist, or using shock oil, or using shock from troubadour, if you have dark hunter with level 10 petrify, just use it against them. I beat all of those ironcrabs with petrify, because when you successfully petrified them, they'll count as dead, so whenever I meet 2 ironcrabs on enemy's line, I use defender by protector, petrify by DH, and Thunder from alchemist to beat the another one :D

Pitfall's in B27F is nothing compared to all the disgusting way to get to B29F from B28F for me. It's just so looooooooooooooooong way that I have to bring lots of Amrita II and Axcela III :(

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Honestly, the whole 6th stratum is one dick move after another when it comes to mapping. xD Then throw in the final boss and you realize just how unfair this game is at that point.

ransho
Ragelope

Postby ransho » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 am

Eeh sorry what I mean in my prev post is all the way to get from B 29 F to B 30 F. Anyway, I still found the 6th stratum the most challenging stratum :) for great experience point, all those monsters that I really have to kill with my Dark Hunter only... seriously, with all those monsters that you can't beat with physical attack (flamegel, ironcrab, red cell) the only useful character is my DH and his petrify.. I don't know if I can make it to the end without him. Although I do beat the primevil with another survivalist I made and don't use my DH :( because the only best thing from survivalist for me is their 1st Turn.. the rest is useless -.- Apollon takes 3 turns to be activated, and deals only 3000+ damage, and in the rest 2 turn before the Apollon take it shot, I only use 1st turn for my Medic or Ronin. And if I use caduceus 3 times, it deals around 4000+ damage... Midareba 3 times = around 4000 - 5000 damage.. which means actually my Survivalist is the lowest damage dealer from all. If not because of 1st Turn, I definitely won't use him.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 pm

ransho
Ragelope

Postby ransho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 am

The only problem with me is I don't know how to properly use Survivalist. It's just, when I first started play EO, I use L-P-S in front row and my Survivalist always die first. So i restart and change to DH, and instantly fall in love with Drain. When I maxed Bait in around 3rd stratum, I love my DH more. And when I maxed my petrify in 5th stratum, I just wish that I have an all DH team. And 6th stratum just made me love my DH more. Most of my character can't deal great damage there, but Petrify saved me from those Ironcrab, Flamegel, that scorpion-like, Lucifird, Red cell, monocyte, etc :) For normal monster, Just use bait, and Drain to get full HP again, because most monsters there have high speed. because if I use my Troubadour to enchant the front row characters with element, I still have to use normal attacks, because special attacks won't be endowed with elements. So rather than using shock 3 times with 45 TP, I opted for 2 times Petrify which only requires 16 TP. The only bad thing about them is I can't use them to fight Primevil :(

I know that I should use Multihit, but because I opted for Ronin and battle Medic in front to fight Primevil, mostly I have to use 1st Turn to activate their skills, because Ronin and Medic don't have great speed.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am

...Huh? Why do you want them to act before the boss does? I can see it with the medic for immunize or heals, but that won't happen very often, he doesn't have many turns where he can actually hurt you.

Sorry, just confused. I had my team just attack the boss to ribbons and never worried about them going before or after him for their attacks. I honestly can't see any point where it'd be helpful to have the Ronin go before the boss.

ransho
Ragelope

Postby ransho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 pm

That's what I say, I can't properly use my Survivalist. But after all, it's just my stupidity -.- so mostly I just use him for Apollon and first turn. hahaha because I was the type of player who will get confused if one of my characters die and because I don't know what Primevil's skills are, I think it's better to have my biggest damage dealer to deal the damage first. Sorry for confusing you. After all, trial and error make perfect.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:06 pm

xDante1986
Ragelope

Postby xDante1986 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm

if you talk about pattern is every move according to this one?

so I can write it down and make a plan to beat it right?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

19 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”