Etrian progress or advice?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
SynDuo
Ragelope

Etrian progress or advice?

Postby SynDuo » Thu May 03, 2012 5:54 pm

:?: Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have some questions, if you don't mind me asking them here.

Etrian Odyssey I -

Currently I'm in the Third stratum, just got here too, the enemies aren't too tough, but should I consider putting some points in some areas?

Landsknecht lv: 48 - TP up:10 | Atk up:10 | Def: 1 | Axes:5 | Swords: 10 | 2hit:3 Allslash: 10

Protector lv: 48 - HP: 5 TP up:8 | Def:8 |Shield: 10 |Provoke:5 | Fortify: 5 | Defender:1 F & B Guard: 3 | Smite:3

Survivalist lv: 46 - HP:1 | TP:5 | AGI: 5 | Bows:10 | Ambush: 3 | Trickery:1 | Quicken: 2 | MultiHit:10 Apollon: 9

Medic lv: 48 - TP up:10 | Atk up:10 | Healer:10 | Scavenge:1 | Cure I&II: 3 | Salve:3
Salve II: 1 Immunize:5 | Caduceus: 2

Troubador lv: 47 - TP:5 | Songs:10 | Divinity:7 | Bravery:10 | Recovery:5 | Relaxing:10

Overall I think i might have grinded a bit much...

Misc -

I love the Etrian series, but I havent had much time to play them, I finally got a copy awhile back of Etrian II, it is shrink wrapped still and I was wondering, should I just play that instead, or keep it for collectors value (not going to do that haha.) Etrian III was great but I got stuck on some parts. Etrian I was just sitting there and I picked it up recently again along with other DS dungeon Crawlers.

Thanks in advance for the advice :)
Last edited by SynDuo on Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-SynDuo

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Etrian progress or advice?

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 03, 2012 11:06 pm

You're in the second stratum and you're level 47 on average... O_O

As for the second game, it takes the same classes and skills from the first one and rebalances them. Overall EO2 is the better game. Its really your call if you want to finish EO1 or EO2 first although I'd finish EO1 first. If you can get your password to work, it'll unlock some extra surprises in EO2.

There's also the later stratums in the EO1. They're a delight.

AlraunE
Ragelope

Postby AlraunE » Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi and welcome ! ;D
There are surely most experimented playes (like Wolken' for example :3) but I hope my advices will be helpful ^^

Medic > The best techniques (always in my opinion) are Salve II and Revive, so I think you should learn them first ^^

Lands' > Allslash is good, but you should learn Arms Free... just in case :p It's helpful ^^ And... try the Axes, they have some great techniques !

I'll tell you more details tomorrow morning, I have to go to bed.
Good luck and good night ! <3

P.S. You went already at lv48 because you've stucked somewhere for a long time ?

SynDuo
Ragelope

Postby SynDuo » Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Last edited by SynDuo on Thu May 03, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-SynDuo

SynDuo
Ragelope

Postby SynDuo » Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 pm

-SynDuo

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 am

SynDuo
Ragelope

Postby SynDuo » Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 am

Ooops, my bad, this is the 3rd stratum... My mistake.
-SynDuo

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 am

Welcome, Syn!

Oh? I don't think EO is the sort of game you can expect to be done with it quickly. Still, on that note, I think it took me roughly two months to play it my first playthrough... I think... I got it release day and I remember being in the 4th Stratum when we moved into our new house sometime at the beginning of July. I'd have to double check that, though.

[] - [] - [] - []

SynDuo
Ragelope

Postby SynDuo » Fri May 04, 2012 6:06 am

-SynDuo

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri May 04, 2012 6:55 am

^_^ We're probably not the most active, but yeah, I know I've seen worse.

Personally I never used the Hexer or Ronin in my parties (I played through twice), but I have heard that they are pretty decent... I think... I should probably shut up before someone comes on here and contradicts my rather poor memory XD

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 04, 2012 7:40 am

Ronin
Great single target damage (With Midareba, they're probably the 3rd best in the game) and they also have the ability to do elemental damage. In order to use their most powerful skills though, they need to set up the appropriate stance. The issue with this is that the stances take up one of your buff slots. Which can be quite problematic when your party contains buffers like a Troubadour. They're also one of the few classes capable of inflicting instant death. They're probably the best choice if you want certain boss' conditional drop.

Hexer
They focus on inflicting ailments, debuffs and binds. They're kinda like the opposite of the Troubadour. They do have issues though, enemies at the point of the game you unlock them are too resistant to ailments to make them worth using. As for the binds, they can be useful if you have a whip using Dark Hunter in the party. They have a much higher chance to work than the DH's whip skills plus they can also use Relapse to extend their duration (This works for ailments as well). This makes pulling off Ecstasy much easier. We also have the debuffs which are probably the Hexer's best skills. Frailty and Sapping are powerful and they always work. Finally, we have Revenge, the Hexer's only damaging skill (Besides the worthless Evil Eye skills), which does damage based on how much HP the Hexer has. The damage it can deal is very impressive (Especially when paired with the Troubadour's Stamina skill), but unlike EO2, there's no way to stop the enemy from attacking the Hexer. This makes it almost impractical in boss fights. Against mobs though, its amazing (The in-game description is wrong, the attack effects all enemies).

AlraunE
Ragelope

Postby AlraunE » Fri May 04, 2012 3:20 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”